PARAGRAPH FROM Research Paper :
Social Worker Supervision
Effective Supervision-Social Workers
Supervision in social work encompasses emotional support, administrative management of cases, professional development and mediation, and learning from and reflecting on practice. Effective supervision refers to giving a social worker the responsibility to work with another social worker or worker to meet the intended goals. Professional supervision is key to achieving effective social work. It plays a significant role in the general functioning of the social care organization. It is essential for social workers, both leaders, and managers, to manage and deliver effective supervision. Poor supervision is a barrier to effective and good social work; hence there is a need for supervision to be incorporated in each department as far as social work is concerned (NASW, 2012).
Effective supervision is an essential mechanism necessary for social workers, particularly within a society with many vulnerable individuals. Whether one is a newly qualified social or support worker or an experienced social worker, active supervision is an important requirement. It should promote emotional well-being and development, and accountability. Support and good supervision are among the key determinant of staff retention. It also allows for reflection of ones work, guidance, and support related to practice and allows one to pay attention to professional and personal development (NASW, 2012). Without effective supervision, the risk of isolation, burnout, and the possibility of poor practice becomes high.
Qualities of an Effective Supervisor-Social Worker
An effective supervisor must possess a higher educational background in the medical or social sciences and…
Apart from a good educational, experiential, and training background, becoming an effective supervisor requires additional skills. One essential skill is identifying a problem correctly and minimizing or resolving the problem (Marc, Makai-Dimeny & O?vat, 2014). These are commonly known as problem-solving skills. Another fundamental qualification is ethical responsibility which implies a supervisors understanding and analysis of their internal functioning. A supervisor needs to know their themes and feelings based on their biography and history.
Another skill is communication skills. It is in everyones best interest to maintain active communication. This entails active speaking and listening skills, being empathetic, symbolizing and expressing courage, and a reflection of support. Also essential as far as communication skills are concerned is being objective and skilled in providing feedback, efficient guidance, and professionalism. Self-awareness and recognizing ones feelings coupled with openness, receptivity, and emotional balance are also highly essential. The supervisor must also develop a conducive environment for expression and learning and a supportive framework or platform that allows and encourages them to share and receive any emotional support they require (Marc, Makai-Dimeny & O?vat, 2014).
How to Derive Maximum Benefit from Supervision Time
Supervision gives one a chance or opportunity to have meaningful and protected time with my supervisor or manager to talk about the works impact and explore decision making. It also creates an opportunity to ensure that the work is value-based and individual-centered. It, therefore, important not to shy away from participating since it has been proven to be crucial for the personal development and well-being of social…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.