Employee Development And Performance Appraisal
You are the vice president of a human resources department and Susan has been your executive assistant for one (1) year. She effectively completes her given assignments, sometimes ahead of schedule. Susan has a welcoming personality and is commended on her willingness to help when asked. As a result of her efficiency, Susan often has spare time on her hands. In several conversations, you have spoken with Susan about taking a proactive stance and involving herself in the business to increase her knowledge base. You have suggested she attend strategic planning meetings, shadow other Business Partners, and take professional development courses geared towards human resources. Susan has not incorporated any of these suggestions. The organization promotes and encourages employee development and has a requirement of 24 professional development (PD) hours for each employee per annual review cycle. As VP of the department, you have offered to mentor Susan; yet she has not taken advantage of the offer. Given Susan capabilities and potential, you want to mutually establish future performance goals and developmental opportunities to enhance her effectiveness and maximize her organizational contributions. Susan professional appearance and interaction with co-workers is superb. When asked to complete a task, she fulfills the assignment willingly and with very few errors. She is well liked and respected by her peers. She has impeccable oral and written communication skills. Overall, you are pleased with her performance but want to see Susan take initiative to seek out tasks to complete rather than waiting to be told what to do. As the VP of HR, you have been tasked with a two part assignment. In part one of this assignment you will explain the importance of performance appraisals, analyze the essential elements which should be included and describe how performance appraisals can be used to promote employee growth. In part two of this assignment you will create a performance appraisal for Susan. Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length incorporating both parts I and II. You can either design a performance appraisal document or use an existing template. The performance appraisal should be no more than 3 pages of the total page count for the assignment. Be sure your paper addresses all of the following components:
Part I: Importance of Performance Appraisals:Explain how performance appraisals can be used as part of employee development.Explain why rankings are given to employees and the advantages and disadvantages of including rankings.Address why organizations should deliver appraisals in a timely manner to employees.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of three different types of performance appraisals. Make a recommendation of which type of performance appraisal is most appropriate for Susan. Provide suggestions on how the manager can give feedback on a continual basis to the employee to encourage continual development.
Part II: Susan Performance Evaluation As the VP of HR, you are providing Susan with feedback on these areas and suggesting ways to develop in the areas where she is not meeting expectations as outlined in the scenario. The performance appraisal directly ties to compensation increases. The appraisal should highlight achievements over the past year; while addressing expectations and setting goals moving forward. The performance evaluation should address the following areas:
Communication internal and external
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.