Research Paper: Proposal
AUDIENCE: legislators, activists, advocates
Select and investigate an issue exemplified through a current event of your choice within the state of New Jersey. Using this current event as an illustration of a larger problem, you will propose a solution to the issue.
Your solution will function as your argument or rhetorical situation – it is the reason you are writing, so be persuasive at all times.
DEFINE: In this paper, you should briefly outline your problem and the significance it has in contemporary society. Regardless of what obvious value you personally think this issue has, you must explicitly state the issue and establish the need for a solution. What groups of people are affected by this issue, and in what ways? What are the causes and consequences of this issue? Why is this problem particularly relevant now? What should your audience know about this topic? How might you define this problem as one that can have a solution (as opposed to a problem that can go away by itself or a problem that will never be solved)?
PROPOSE: Even though this is considered your “research paper” for the semester, you should see it as a persuasive paper (with research): you are to ARGUE for a specific solution and CONVINCE your audience that it is the most reasonable response to pursue. In order to formulate a strong response, you must first research what measures already exist. Why have other solutions failed, and what will your solution do differently? What details can you provide to enact your solution? An argument involves an angle; a research paper is not a book report. You must engage with sources that agree and disagree with you, not just sources that report on statistical information. How might you expect opponents to respond to your solution? What evidence can you offer to show that your solution will address the problem? What are the intended results of your solution? Use details to manifest your solution and make it real. In order to promote your idea, it should be thorough and ready to be put into action.
Remember, a TOPIC is not a THESIS, so you will have to consider a problem within this topic and find a solution to it. Furthermore, the research and the data must establish a problem while at the same time using the research and the data to support the counter measures and the paradigms.
1. 10 pages
2. Times New Roman font size 12, double spaced (no extra spaces between paragraphs), 1” margins all around.
3. Adherence to all MLA style and formatting rules, including those for headings, page numbers, in-text citations, and the Works Cited page.
4. STRICT ADHERENCE TO THIRD PERSON PRONOUNS ONLY. No first person (I, me, my, we, our, etc.) or second person (you, your, yourself, etc.) anywhere in the paper. You are serving as a professional advocating for change, so stay serious in your tone.
5. Use of at least 4 sources, 2 of which must come from the library (either in books or databases (Gov Data, peer reviewed journal, and popular sources)
6. ROUGH DRAFT due (TBA) by class time. Please post on SafeAssign AND send me peer comments.
7. FULL FINAL DRAFT due by class time (TBA). Post on SafeAssign AND email me a copy.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.