The Need for Moral and Ethical Development Among Healthcare Workers
Read the course scenario and consider the overall moral and ethical failures of the healthcare staff at St. Michael’s Medical Center. In particular, pay close attention to the cases highlighted in the scenario. You are now hired as the new chief executive officer (CEO) with risk management background. You have decided that the best way to handle this task is to first build up the moral and ethical foundation of your employees relative to the workplace environment. You are aware that employees have different moral and ethical values, but your intention is to have them develop the proper professional ethical behavior in the workplace.
Prepare a 3-page outline for a 3-day mandatory training for staff. Cite 3 academic sources in your notes outline.
In your notes, please address the following items:
- The basic principles of ethics to address healthcare dilemma
- The importance of these basic principles of healthcare ethics to employees in the workplace
- The use of the following three principles of ethical reasoning and decision making to address healthcare dilemmas:
- Contemporary consequence-oriented principles
- Duty-oriented principles
- Virtue ethics reasoning
- Compare the needs- and value-based theories and the role played in developing and shaping ethical behavior in individuals in a hospital
- (Short exercise) Use the scenario to answer this question: How do you ensure that your employees are on the same page regarding responses to ethical issues on the job?
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, that you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
DUE MAY 18 2021
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.