This is the second of a series of five assignments focusing on software engineering ethics.
Read the attached Ethics-II.pdf Download Ethics-II.pdfwhich continues the discussion on what Ethics mean in the context of software engineering.
Then proceed to answer the questions inside the reading:
- Questions 2.1 and 2.2
- Questions 3.1 and 3.2
- Question 4.1
Because for many ethics questions there is no absolutely right or wrong answers as such, your responses will be graded based on completeness and thoughtfulness as opposed to rote or perfunctory ones. There are three grade levels for this assignment based on your responses to all the questions: 20 (no reasoning in responses), 35 (minimal to little reasoning), and 50 (sufficient reasoning and consideration).
Write your answers in a Word file using Times New Roman font (no smaller than 10 pt but no bigger than 12 pt), single spacing, 1″ margins on all sides. At least 3 pages
Question 2.1: What sorts of things can excellent software engineers contribute to the good life? (Answer as fully/in as many ways as you are able)
Question 2.2: What kinds of character traits, qualities, behaviors and/or habits do you think mark the kinds of people who tend to contribute most in these ways? (Answer as fully/in as many ways as you are able)
Question 3.1: Who are the various stakeholders in this scenario, and what do they each have at stake in your action? Reflect carefully and deeply, and answer as fully as possible.
Question 3.2: What do you think is your ethical obligation in this situation? What do you think an excellent software engineer would do in this situation? Are they the same thing, or different? Please explain your answer.
Question 4.1: Which of the contributions in your answer to 2.1 are related to vital public good(s)? What vital public goods might software engineers help to secure that you did not mention in your initial answer to 2.1?
M4 Discussion 1
Read the attached article: “The Mythical Man-Month Download The Mythical Man-Month“, by Frederick Brooks, extracts from The Mythical Man Month book, 1975.
1. Tell us something about what you learn from this article. Your posting should contain at least 100 words;
2. Provide constructive comment on at least one other student’s posting. “Agree”, “good” etc. are not counted as constructive commenting.
M4 Discussion 2
Find at least two credible sources to study the recent VW Diesel Scandal and read what this topic is about and what the latest development is.
1. Discuss your understanding of this case from the software engineering ethics viewpoint. Consider including in your post on your thoughts related to questions such as
- What VW software engineers should have done to in order contribute to the good life for others in this case;
- Who are the public’ to who the VW software engneers is obligated;
- Why the software engineers is obligated to protect the public and
- how VW software engineers failed in this case.
Your posting should contain at least 100 words;
2. List the two sources used in your research at the end of your post;
3. Provide constructive comment on at least one other student’s posting. “Agree”, “good” etc. are not counted as constructive commenting.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.