Exp19_Access_Ch03_ML2 – Investment Properties 1.2
Exp19 Access Ch03 ML2 Investment Properties 1.2
Access Chapter 3 Mid-Level 2 – Investment Properties
You are in charge of Dysan Investment ‘s database, which contains all of the information on the properties your firm has listed and sold. Your task is to determine the length of time each property was on the market before it sold. You also need to calculate the sales commission from each property sold. Two agents will receive commission on each transaction: the listing agent and the selling agent. You also need to summarize the sales data by employee and calculate the average number of days each employee ‘s sales were on the market prior to selling and the total commission earned by the employees
Start Access. Open the downloaded Access file named Exp19_Access_Ch03_ML2_Investment_Properties.accdb. Grader has automatically added your last name to the beginning of the filename.
Create a new query in Design view using all three tables. Add the following fields, in the order given: from the Agents table, add the LastName field; from the Properties table, the DateListed, DateSold, SalePrice, SellingAgent, and ListingAgent fields; and from the SubDivision table, the Subdivision field.
Add criteria to the query to ensure that the DateSold field is not empty (hint: you will need to use NULL as part of the criteria). Run the query to ensure empty fields are not displayed for the DateSold field. Return to Design view.
Format the SalePrice field as Currency. Save the query as Sales Report.
Create a calculated field in the first empty field named DaysOnMarket that will calculate the number of days each sold property was on the market when it sold. Add a caption of Days on Market.
Create another calculated field in the first empty field named ListComm that will calculate the listing agent’s commission based on the sales price and a listing commission rate of 3.5%. Add a caption of Listing Commission and format the field as Currency.
Create another calculated field in the first empty field named SellComm that will calculate the selling agent’s commission based on the sales price and a selling commission rate of 2.5%. Add a caption of Selling Commission and format the field as Currency.
Save the query and switch to Datasheet view. Add a Total row. Calculate the average number of days on the market and the sum for the SalePrice and the two commission fields. Save and close the query.
Create a copy of the Sales Report query named Sales Summary by Last Name. Switch to Design view and remove the DateListed, SellingAgent, ListingAgent, and Subdivision fields.
Display the Total row in Design view. Group by LastName and change the DateSold field Total row to Where. Show the sum of SalePrice, the average of DaysOnMarket, and the sum for both ListComm and SellComm.
Change the caption for the SalePrice field to Total Sales and format of the DaysOnMarket field as Fixed. Run the query. Adjust column widths as necessary. Adjust the Total row in the Datasheet view so it shows the sum of Total Sales. Save and close the query.
Create a copy of the Sales Summary by Last Name query named Sales Summary by Subdivision. Open the query in Design view and replace the LastName field with the Subdivision field, ensuring the Total row is set to Group By
Sort the query results so the lowest average Days on Market is first and the highest average Days on Market is last. Limit the results to the top five values
Close all database objects. Close the database and then exit Access. Submit the database as directed.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.