Shifting Toward Population Health
Healthcare administrators direct and coordinate medical services in facilities such as hospitals, public health agencies, and managed care organizations. In order to accomplish this directive, healthcare administrators need to be current on mandates, health initiatives, and population health programs. This requires the exploration of a variety of resources on health initiatives and public health programs.
The term population health was introduced in 2003 by Dave Kindig and Greg Stoddart who defined the term as “the health outcome of a group of individuals, including the distribution of such outcomes within the group” (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], 2018, para. 1). Nash, Fabius, Skoufalos, Clarke, and Horowitz (2016) argue that the only way to improve the total health of the United States is to shift our focus from healthcare that is reactive to healthcare that proactive and promotes health and wellness. We spend a lot of time treating and focusing on a patient’s disease/illness and spend little time focusing on the conditions that contribute to the disease/illness. For that reason, it is important to understand social determinants of health (SDOH) and how they factor into the comprehensive picture of population health (Zangerle, 2016).
Post a single 3- or 4-paragraph response that addresses the following prompts (your Instructor will notify you of the due date):
Choose a federal or state initiative that focuses on population health – choose a topic that interests youExplain how that initiative shifts the focus from the individual person to population healthEvaluate the importance of shifting from individual health to population healthConsider discussing how you, as an administrator, could collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to ensure the success of the initiative you selectedExplain why understanding and incorporating a focus on social determinants of health is vital to affecting population health.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.