CMIT 425 Week 5 Discussion
Your task: You have been asked to give a presentation at an online training session for employees who are now working from home. The subject of this training session is: Access Controls and Why They Matter.
Background: Access controls are security features that are usually considered the first line of defense in asset protection. They are used to dictate how subjects access objects, and their main goal is to protect the objects from unauthorized access. Access control models are frameworks that use access controls to enforce the rules and objectives of the model (e.g. MAC, DAC, RBAC).
For this training, you should focus on the need to use Access Controls to protect corporate assets and data which are accessible via equipment and networks within the Work From Home setting. In your talking points you should also consider and address the frustrations that employees may feel when they encounter access controls that are not set up to allow the same type of “inside” access as employees had when working on company equipment inside company networks. (Explain why “turning off” access controls is not an acceptable solution to remote access to internal networks and resources.) Finally, address some potential “insider threats” which may exist in the Work From Home environment that need the countermeasures provided by access controls. Such threats could include the actions of others residing in the home who have access to the employee’s laptops or who use the same networks and network connections.
Format: This week, the format for your deliverable (posting) will be “Talking Points.” Talking points are presented in outline format and contain the content that you would put on slides in a slide deck. Your outline should include 5 to 7 major points (“slide titles”) followed by 3 to 5 supporting points for each. Remember to put enough information into the talking points that your peer reviewers can understand what you intend to cover in each section of your briefing. Remember to introduce the topic at the beginning, present your analysis, and then close your briefing with an appropriate summary. Include a list of sources (3 or more) which attendees could refer to if they wish to fact check your work.
In your critiques for your peers (2 different students), focus on providing suggestions for strengthening the talking points (added content, refocused content, etc.) Grammar, punctuation, and other writing mechanics will be addressed by your instructor and should not be part of your critique.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.