Each year, somewhere between 700,000 and 1,000,000 people in the United States fall in the hospital. A fall may result in fractures, lacerations, or internal bleeding, leading to increased health care utilization. Research shows that close to one-third of falls are preventable. Fall prevention involves managing a patient’s underlying fall risk factors and optimizing the hospital’s physical design and environment.
There is a business case for fall prevention: Falls are associated with increased length of stay, higher rates of discharge to nursing homes, and greater health care utilization. One study found that operational costs for fallers with serious injury were $13,316 higher than non-fallers. As of 2008, Medicare no longer reimburses hospitals for increased costs due to injury from an inpatient fall. (Department of Health and Human Services, 2021)
Using your e-book or search engine:
1) Discuss at least 4 steps you as a nurse may take to prevent falls in the facility.
2) Discuss physical complications of falls to the client.
3) Your client has fallen. Write 5 nursing actions you take as you care for this client over the next 24 hours (including any you would anticipate receiving orders for).
Department of Health and Human Services. (2021). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Retrieved from Preventing Falls In Hospitals: https://ift.tt/3liPCEf
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.