If a bond is purchased at a price below the face value, the yield to maturity is:
greater than the stated interest rate.
the same as the stated interest rate.
less than the stated interest rate.
of no significance.
A long-term technique used by investors who purchase an equal dollar amount of the same stock at equal intervals in time is called:
dollar cost averaging.
dividend reinvestment plan.
buy and hold technique.
A stock that sells for less than $1 per share is called a:
Which one of the following expenditures for retirees is likely to decrease?
expenses for leisure activities
gifts and contributions
During your retirement, your employer’s health insurance plan and Medicare will cover your medical expenses.
What is likely to be an individual’s single biggest asset?
Their bank account
None of the choices
With an open-end credit, you pay back one-time loans in a specified period of time in equal amounts.
Which of the following is most likely not a valid reason for using credit?
Borrowing for a stay in a hospital because of appendicitis
Borrowing to purchase a car so that you can go to work full time
Borrowing to buy a printer for your home office now because you now it will be twice as expensive in two years
Borrowing to pay for your expensive dinner and movie every week
All of the choices are valid reasons for using credit
Gordon Carey uses his Visa card to purchase a new digital camera and lens. What type of credit did Gordon use?
Installment sales credit
Installment cash credit
Single lump sum credit
For most mutual funds, the net asset value is calculated:
whenever an investor calls and requests a price quote.
Which of the following is an advantage of an exchange traded fund (EFT)?
No minimum investment amount
Shares can be bought and sold through a broker at any time at the current price
Management fees are often lower
Can use limit orders to purchase EFTs
All of the choices are advantages of EFTs
For a mutual fund, the turnover ratio measures:
the length of time a manager has been in charge of the fund.
the amount of profit the fund earns from one investment period to the next.
the number of months the average investor holds the fund before selling.
the percentage of a fund’s holdings that have changed during a 12-month period.
the percentage of institutional investors who own the fund.
Grady Perdue has assets worth $1,500,000 and has written a legal document that specifies that all of his money go to his children. After he dies, there is a legal process to determine whether his document specifying how his assets be divided is valid. This is also the legal process by which his executor manages and distributes his property. What is this legal process called?
None of the choices
A trust established by your will that becomes effective upon your death is called a(n) ____________ trust.
A legal document authorizing someone to act on your behalf is called a:
power of attorney.
A prime reason for buying an annuity is to:
save money for college education
start a new business
accumulate funds to invest in stocks
give you retirement income for the rest of your life
get rich quick
Who has the greatest need for life insurance?
households with small children
singles living alone
singles living with parents
dual income couple
Jerry Lewis is thinking about purchasing some life insurance. He goes to a company that is owned by shareholders. What type of life insurance company has he gone to?
A stock life insurance company
A debt life insurance company
A mutual life insurance company
An exclusionary life insurance company
None of the choices
Automobile liability insurance covers the insured when he or she is held responsible for losses suffered by others.
In times of high inflation, personal incomes generally keep up with the rate of inflation.
Similar to corporate shareholders, holders of mutual funds have a say in running the company, since they have equity interest in the pool of assets and a residual claim on the profits.
Savings is the accumulation of excess funds by intentionally spending less than you earn.
A business cycle is a pattern of economic activity that includes an expansion, peak, contraction, and trough.
High-demand occupations tend to pay low salaries.
The most expensive loans are available from:
Frank Wert wants to get a lower interest rate on his loan for the purchase of a new boat. He uses the boat as collateral for the loan. In which way is Frank reducing his lender’s risk?
He is sharing the interest rate risk with his lender
He is pledging valuable assets that can be seized if the loan is not repaid
He is taking a larger stake in the asset he is purchasing
He is repaying the loan over a faster period of time
None of the choices
There are no costs involved in filing for a bankruptcy.
Kevin Brown rides his bicycle to work so that he doesn’t have to worry about getting in a car accident. How is Kevin managing his risk?
Negligence refers to:
failure to take ordinary and reasonable care.
cancellation of insurance.
high risk insurance coverage.
common hazards in our society.
Using a home security system is an example of ____________ risk.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.