Formulate an original response to this topic and then comment back on another classmates post regarding the same topic
Question: An FYI question to give you more information on EIB (exercised induced brochospasm). What about the increased incidence in trained athletes? Olympic athletes?Is exercised induced brochospasm a problem in athletes. Are they at higher risk? What is the treatment?
There was a study performed at Ohio University measuring based on pulmonary function criteria that led to athletes involved in high “ventilation” demand sports were significantly more symptomatic. It was also concluded that almost half of the athlete participants were experiencing exercise induced bronchospasm as well as a large number of athletes hadn’t had any previous respiratory issues. This article discusses how EIB positive athletes have changes in their FEV1 or their FVC during their activity. This is significant because it confirms that athletes aren’t lying, and they truly are suffering from this condition. There is a growing prevalence in the number of athletes who suffer from this. I think this could be due to the additional pressure athletes encounter in today’s age. There is so much riding on every game, every practice, every scrimmage for athletes that wasn’t there before. In addition to better medical intervention, athletes are being pushed farther and at younger ages. Players have to excel in middle school sports in order to be recognize for a varsity spot in high school, then they have to amaze in high school in order to get a glance for collegiate division athletics which in turn could grant the dream of making it professional. All this leads to more additive stress factors. When a person is stressed, they tend to become short of breath and perform rapid shallow breathing. These triggers can synergistically cause increased incidences of exercise induced bronchospasms.
In another study performed by the National Institute of Health they declared that there were no concrete indicators about who would have exercise induced bronchospasms. The history had no significance and neither did the current symptoms. They talked about how a majority of patients who did have EIB were unaware. This is hazardous because any time a condition is left untreated it becomes unbearable or untreatable. It could be dangerous people athletes can get extremely hurt because they don’t recognize their limits.
I think the increased prevalence of exercised induced bronchospasm comes from the more toxic environment that we live in today. Though this condition isn’t understood considerably well, we do understand how to spot it and how to treat it. Encountering an athlete with this condition seems highly likely given what the results from these studies proclaimed. With additional studies of collegiate athletes and professional athletes it would be interesting to discover the consistency of collegiate athletes who become professionals if this condition intensifies or if a person would gain better control and handle those situations more effectively.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.