Exporting from Canada Assignment – 20%
A Capstone exercise both based on INTL704/222 (ITT) and INTL729/233 (EFF) CIFFA education courses.
Due date end of week
Hand in soft copies of your (i) report and appendices in one file and (ii) the Audio/Video Presentation in another
You are a graduate from Centennial College. Your Graduation from Global and International Business Management is a proof that you worked hard, and you are confident that a great future is waiting for you. You received an e-mail from an old Professor who is consulting for an important company which is looking to export the following product: 5 Skids of Portable MRI machinery weighing 2300 lb (each) and having dimensions of 72” x 44” x 56” high for each skid (pallet) worth US$6M.
Your Professor was recently promoted, and now (s)he is Director of Global Exporting for , a Toronto-based national distributor of innovative medical technologies. The buyer and delivery destination is delivery the Universidad Technologica Centroamericano , Tegalcigupta Campus, Honduras, C.A. He needs freight forwarding services and wants your team to put together a proposal to manage managing the exporting of these goods from Canada to Honduras.
In order to convince him and his managers that you are a suitable business partner and that you have a team that is capable of handling the job, he asks you for a Sales Presentation and Team Report to be Submitted to his Management Team. You have a short period to get everything done so you need to get started now.
With the knowledge acquired at Centennial, your understanding of Canadian and International Logistics, the desire to succeed in the business field, and a network of Centennial colleagues.
You accept the challenge. Success here holds the key your career and you are in control. To get you started, your former Freight Forwarding Professor offered to help you and prepared the following spreadsheet:
Essentials of Freight Forwarding F’22 Centennial College
A CHECKLIST WITHTHE IMPORT/EXPORT TRANSACTION PARTNERS AND THEIR ROLE
PLAYERS IN THE IMPORT/EXPORT BUSINESS
WHAT YOUR TEAM SHOULD DO
WHEN AND HOW YOU COLLECT DATA
SELLER/SHIPPER EXPORTER (your professor)
Manufactures or distributor;
Attend/assess your presentation, assess your proposal,
Prepares, packages & labels the goods for export
Identify a suitable CIFFA Freight Forwarder
All documentation to be completed by the seller’s agent (below), SLI
Sign a clear sales contract, Invoice
Market Research, Product Development
Storage and Warehousing needs
Receive Good Quality Goods on time and in good condition
RFP, Prepare a clear sales contract
Research the Role
Send a request for quote (RFQ)
(include the e-mail )
SELLER’S AGENT (FREIGHT FORWARDER,
CUSTOMS BROKER & BONDED WAREHOUSE)
Find the best the carriers, route, risk analysis
Calculates the freight rates.
HS Tariff classification;
Clears the goods for customs.
Where you will store the goods, tariff deferral
Quotation, Sales Presentation, Import/Export Business Licence, Commercial Invoice, Export Permit, Export Declaration…
Letters of Introduction, marketing materials
AWB, BL or multimodal transport documents
Prepare an introduction letter, quotation, transport document(s)
Identify HS code and put it in the documents
Research the warehousing needs and explain what service is needed
CIFFA site, membership
EXPORT REGULATORS &
Regulators who you contact issue food inspection certificates, CofO,
Quality, Export Permit
CofO, Export Permit, Inspection certificate, other certifications depending on your product and the terms of the letter of credit
Identify the specific
Foreign agencies to receive import approval
Research the export requirements for the product
Financial Institution(s) to arranges credit, loans and advice about payment method
Provides the Letter of Credit,
Contact a bank branch, (or BDC and EDC) talk with a Business Manager;
IMPORT REGULATORS &
Protectionism (local manufacturers/jobs), policies,
Import Permits, consular invoices, all documentary requirements for import, import customs broker
Identify the specific
Agencies in country to receive export approval
MIGRAS, gov’t website
ANY OTHER PARTIES (depends on your product) and should be included above.
SUGGESTIONS ON DIVIDING UP THE WORK
Team Report & Appendices
1. Project Manager: specify his/her responsibilities including the Incoterm, HS Code, Chargeable Weight, calculation of the FINAL price, routing and completion of a 2-page executive summary. Assemble the report and appendices into one document.
2. Other Team Members: you should be in charge for a particular function (or 2) of this exercise based on your abilities and previous work/study knowledge and experience.
3. Pamphlets, business cards and evidence of your research journey are important to the appendices.
Audio/Video Presentation: In this component you need to focus on selling the merits of your freight forwarding service to me, your potential client (the seller). By now you should have a clear idea of the benefits that the “Architects” of logistics and create a convincing marketing pitch to convince your client that your team will provide the highest value, has experts speaking in each area, and you should be chosen for the role of this exporting adventure. Maximum 2 slides per person, max. length = 10 minutes. Please choose an appropriate platform because your client does not have the time to wait 10 minutes for a file to download.
Individual Reports: An individual report (1-2) pages, concise, with what your own professional contribution to the team is and the importance of teamwork in the business world. (Use the form provided in the last page of these instructions.)
Project Mark Breakdown (see also the published rubrics attached to the assignments):
Written Report: Organized, complete, professional with Exec. Summary, Introduction/Clear Purpose, CREEEPSS Risk Analysis, Description of each function including contacts, recommendations & conclusions (and NO documents!), APA sources….
Appendices complete, accurate, well organized package of Import & Export Documents
Audio/Video Presentation: Clear, concise, convincing, Quality content in the PP slides and the flow of your exercise (max 10 minutes).
Individual Report: Professionalism: grammar, spelling, contribution, teamwork problems, key learning, next steps, etc…
INTL233/729 Capstone Project – INDIVIDUAL Team Critique (completed and submitted confidentially and in the SEPARATE assignment dropbox)
This page is worth 5% marks of the 20% and YOU are responsible for submitting ONE sheet per person that assesses the Quality of Teamwork and level of effort in the Case Report of you and your classmates. To be clear, this document is confidential and your mark here is completely, 100%, based on the quality of your team critique and reflection comments at the bottom. Do not share this information. Similar reports will score zero.
IMPORTANT: The scores that you give your team-mates will not be used in any way other than to identify non-participants and team dynamics issues. Rather, those teams that are have problems (forming, storming, norming & performing) actually learn the most and you and your team will not be penalized for dysfunction described here. Take time and make a significant effort filling out this report:
Teamwork Critique: Research and Critique teamwork at school & your Team Experience in the course as well as at Centennial (use other page(s) as required):
Suggested criteria: Level of Teamwork, (Problems encountered, solutions, next steps ), Key learning, Relevance to your future career success (see rubric for more detail)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.