https://emaillynn-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/nsartoretti_email_lynn_edu/EaTxNgRkQhZMmyQJFWtwRWgBedFdwUG6-dJxmIu-I3tHxw?e=nja7OvEXPLORING INTERACTIONS OF MATTER WITH LIGHTAdapted from Palmer, A. (2014) Exploring interactions of matter with light https://phet.colorado.edu/en/contributions/view/3972PART 1: GETTING STARTEDUse the Phet Molecules and light simulationExplore all of the controls in the simulation for about 5 minutes. Click on different things and figure out what each one does.Identify what each atom in the molecules are. (For example, orange is oxygen)PART 2: “LIGHT” IN THE SIMULATIONRank the electromagnetic radiation (microwave, infrared, visible, ultraviolet) in the simulation in terms of energy, wavelength, and frequency.EnergyWavelengthFrequencyPART 3: INTERACTION OF LIGHT AND MATTERLook carefully at the molecules that are in the simulation. Answer the following questions:Which of these gases are greenhouse gases?Which of these are the main components of our atmosphere?Create a hypothesis for these questions:which gases will be affected by the high energy radiation? (visible light and ultraviolet)?Which of these gases will be affected by the low energy radiation? (microwave and infrared)?Examine how different photons in the simulation affect each molecule. Record your observations for each combination in a few descriptive words.MicrowaveInfraredVisible LightUltravioletCON2O2CH4CO2H2ONO2O3Which molecule(s) were not affected by any of the radiation in the sim?Why might this be important? (Hint: think about what molecules are commonly found in our air and atmosphere)Examine your observations above and summarize the effects of each kind of radiation on the molecules in the simulation. Think about the types of atoms in each molecule.MicrowaveInfraredVisible LightUltravioletEffect(s) on Molecules
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.