Greetings! Here are the instructions for completing the Week 9 Writing Assignment.InstructionsAfter you have a) completed the reading from Sophocles’ Oedipus the King and b) watched the Week 9 Video lecture, please complete the following two tasks (= do both). Because the video lecture is structured around the theories of Freud and then Lévi-Strauss, the tasks are divided accordingly.(250 words minimum; write in complete sentences)Freud task1) Sophocles’ Oedipus the King dramatizes the process of learning (= coming to know) the truth of something that has already happened, for indeed most of the action has already occurred when the play begins, and what action occurs in the play itself is mostly cognitive (= people wrapping their minds around unpalatable truths). Starting perhaps with the video lecture’s discussion of Jocasta, find three characters in Oedipus the King who express a desire (on their part or on someone else’s) to not know. One of these characters can be Jocasta/Iocaste. For each character, include three things: a summary of who the character is; a quote illustrating how they bring up the desire to not know; and a summary of how they are involved in the truth that emerges in the course this play (e.g., for Oedipus, the truth that emerges is the the story of his fate becoming realized, or something like that).Lévi-Strauss task2) The anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss elaborated a (not entirely accepted) theory of how myth works through contradictions in life that can be expressed in terms of binary oppositions. Following the example of the story of Squid, Carrot, and the snake monster in the video lecture, write your own short myth that has as its structure two sets of binary oppositions. Start by identifying your two sets of binary oppositions (e.g., life/death; love/indifference). Then, merge your two sets of binary oppositions to get four story elements (e.g., love of life/love of death; indifference to life/indifference to death). Finally, generate a story of your creation (get creative, sky is the limit, etc.) with four episodes: each episode should be an example of one of your four story elements.reading- file:///Users/alexia/Downloads/Sophocles,%20Oedipus%20the%20King.pdfvideo- https://csun.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Embe…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.