Each theme has one book about some aspect of the Christian experience and one book about the parallel Muslim experience. You are then to write a comparative analysis (8-10 pages, typed, double-spaced, size 10 or 12 font, 1-inch margins) of these two books.This is not a book report in the sense of summarizing what the books were about.This is an analytical paper in which you are expected to find at least three common themes or methodologies between the two books you discuss through comparison and contrast, explaining why these commonalities or differences exist and what they mean.
1st bookThe Virgin Mary: Rita George-Tvrtkovic. Christians, Muslims, and Mary: A History. New York: Paulist Press, 2018. 978-0809153282 AND
2nd bookMary F. Thurlkill. Chosen Among Women: Mary and Fatima in Medieval Christianity and Shi’ite Islam. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2007. 978-0268042318
GuidelinesOutlines the themes you will address in the body of the paper. This tells the reader what to expect and helps you to stay on topic.
3. Make sure to document citations. You may use Footnotes, Endnotes, or in-text citations – your choice. Just be consistent and make sure to list the page numbers where you found the information or argument.
4. Write analytically. The goal of the paper is to demonstrate your ability to think critically about the 2 books. Some questions you may wish to consider include:
How are the subjects similar and how are they different?
How does each reflect their faith tradition?
Do both faith traditions treat the subject in the same way? If they vary, why?
Do you have any critiques of how the books were researched or written?
Are the authors convincing in their arguments or are there holes in the logic?
What is the relationship between the author(s) and the subject matter and what impact does that have on how the author approached the topic?
Why did the author write this book at this particular time?
Who is the intended audience and how does that shape the author’s approach?
What is the value of reading these 2 books together?
5. Choose at least 3 themes of comparison or contrast between the 2 books. You can choose more, but be certain that you can cover them comprehensively in the space allotted.
6. Remember to observe proper formatting – font size of 10 or 12 point, margins of 1 inch, and include page numbers.
7. This is an academic paper, so should be written in the third person. If you wish to share a personal opinion about the books, the appropriate location to do so is in the conclusion. This is the only place where you may write in the first person.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.