“Roughly 1 million slaves were imported to the colonies before the American Revolution.” (Think about the use of the word “imported” as it applies to people.) By the time of the American Revolution, slaves made up 40% of the population of Southern jurisdictions. When considering African slaves and Native Americans, many colonists were afflicted by racism. Benjamin Franklin feared that African people would “darken” the people of America, who could, by excluding Africans and Native Americans, increase “the lovely White.” And Jefferson advocated the removal of Africans from America so that the New World would be a “sanctuary” for European immigrants and their progeny. Moreover, the Congress in 1790 enacted legislation that restricted citizenship to whites—legislation that was used to deny citizenship to Asian immigrants in the 19th century and later.Discuss how slavery in colonial America and the racism expressed by colonial leaders permeates American life and racism today. (300 words)The “cult of domesticity,” which consigned women to household and familial functions while reserving the professions and business to males, grew stronger in the 19th century. “Whereas children in the colonial period had often been regarded as little adults who were to begin full-time work at the age of 11, they were increasingly viewed as requiring extended moral education and socialization within the family. Although this child rearing could have been shared equally by both parents, Americans in the early 19th century developed the notion that women were uniquely equipped to perform this function. Sometimes perceived as immoral temptresses in the colonial period, women came to be portrayed as morally superior to men—and consequently as best suited to inculcate moral character into the nation’s youth.”How did this perceived “superior moral compass” limit women? How does it continue to limit women? How did this sentiment limit the suffrage movement? What historical events in the 20th and 21st century echo these sentiments? On a whole, do people in the 21st century still believe in the “cult of domesticity”? And does it depend on a woman’s role? (Example, mom of young child, college student, young professional, retired grandma, etc…) (300 words)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.