EACH QUESTION NO MORE THAN 150 WORDS EACH.
1) In the film “Sociology is a martial art” Pierre Bourdieu discusses some of his most influential ideas. What does he say about the ways culture is used to perpetuate inequalities among different classes or genders? How do you understand concepts such as ‘cultural capital’ and ‘symbolic violence?’ What is the role of the intellectuals and sociologists in social reproduction?
2) The film “Smyrna: The Destruction of a Cosmopolitan City – 1900-1922” tells the story of the collision of two nationalisms, the Greek and the Turkish nationalism. How is culture – religion, language, habits and customs – operationalized/used to fuel hatred and nationalistic fervor? Discuss any other historical examples, or ongoing nationalist conflicts you might be aware of.
3) Conflict Theory explains how laws are not applied evenly across the population or are designed to serve the political and economic interests of the ruling classes. How does the film 13th help us to better understand this theoretical approach? Use examples drawing from the documentary
4) Contrast the “culture of poverty” argument and structural explanations for poverty. Using occupation and occupational change as your mobility criteria, view the social mobility within your own family and explain why you think people in your family have moved up, moved down, or remained at the same status level.
5) Dependency theory states that as long as peripheral nations are dependent on core nations for economic stimulus and access to a larger piece of the global economy, they will never achieve stable and consistent economic growth. Drawing from the film The End of Poverty? present some examples that further support this theory.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.