Main Memory Template
Assuming a 1-KB page size, indicate the page numbers and offsets for the following address references (provided as decimal numbers) in the table below:
Consider a logical address space of 256 pages with a 4-KB page size, mapped onto a physical memory of 64 frames.
How many bits are required in the logical address? Explain how you arrived at this solution.
How many bits are required in the physical address? Explain how you arrived at this solution.
Consider the following segment table:
What are the physical addresses for the following logical addresses?
Consider a paging system with the page table stored in memory.
If a memory reference takes 50 nanoseconds, how long does a paged memory reference take? Explain how you arrived at this solution.
If we add TLBs, and 75 percent of all page-table references are found in the TLBs, what is the effective memory reference time? (Assume that finding a page-table entry in the TLBs takes 2 nanoseconds, if the entry is present.) You must show your calculations to receive full credit.
Given six memory partitions of 300 KB, 600 KB, 350 KB, 200 KB, 750 KB, and 125 KB (in order), how would the ﬁrst-ﬁt, best-ﬁt, and worst-ﬁt algorithms place processes of size 115 KB, 500 KB, 358 KB, 200 KB, and 375 KB (in order)? First-fit is already done for you as an example.
115 KB is put in 300 KB partition, leaving (185 KB, 600 KB, 350 KB, 200 KB, 750 KB, 125 KB)
500 KB is put in 600 KB partition, leaving (185 KB, 100 KB, 350 KB, 200 KB, 750 KB, 125 KB)
358 KB is put in 750 KB partition, leaving (185 KB, 100 KB, 350 KB, 200 KB, 392 KB, 125 KB)
200 KB is put in 350 KB partition, leaving (185 KB, 100 KB, 150 KB, 200 KB, 392 KB, 125 KB)
375 KB is put in 392 KB partition, leaving (185 KB, 100 KB, 150 KB, 200 KB, 17KB, 125 KB)
Rank the algorithms in terms of how efﬁciently they use memory. Explain how and why you ranked them as you did.
In a minimum of 100 words, explain the difference between internal and external fragmentation.
In a minimum of 100 words, compare the memory organization schemes of contiguous memory allocation, pure segmentation, and pure paging with respect to the following issues:
Ability to share code across processes
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.