7. For the parabola defined by the quadratic function( )1543 2 +−−= xy , determine the following. K (5)a. Does it have a maximum or minimum value? ___________b. What is the maximum/minimum y– value? ____________c. For what x–value does the maximum/minimum value occur? ______________d. What are the co–ordinates of the vertex? ____________e. What is the equation of the axis of symmetry? __________8. Use the quadratic formula to solve each of the following forx . Use two decimal places where necessary.K (5)0153 2 =++ xx9. Given( )25 4g x x x= − , determine each of the following. K (5)a.( )2g b.( )3g x −
10. Frank’s parents invested $4000 by opening an account in his name when he was fist born.The account paid interest at 5%/a compounded semi–annually. A (3)
a. How much could Frank withdraw on his sixteenth birthday?b. How much of the withdrawal is interest?
11. A pine tree casts a 31–meter shadow when the angle of elevation from the ground to the top of the tree is 40o. Find the height of the pine tree to two decimal places. Include a diagram. A (4)
14. Ted hit a baseball. The height,h , of the ball above ground, in metres, at any time,t , in seconds is given by the equation,1205 2 ++−= tth . Complete the square and expressh in the form,( ) qptah +−= 2 . Then, use your answer to answer the questions below. A (10)
a. Determine the maximum height reached by the ball. __________b. How long does it take the ball to reach its maximum height? _________c. From what height above the ground did Ted hit the ball? _________
15. Two boats at location P and Q are being tracked by a satellite located at R.Using the information in the diagram, find the distance between the two boats, PQ, to the nearest kilometre. A (5)
16. Given the trigonometric function( )160sin3 ++= xy ;Draw a sketch, then graph. . A (5)km15PQR107km10
17. Determine an equation if the given base graph has been transformed as follows. K (6)
a)cosy x= stretched vertically by a factor of 4, translated60 to the left,and 5 units downward. ________________________b)siny x= compressed vertically by a factor of31 , translated120 to the right,and 5.5 units upward. ________________________20. For the sinusoidal function given below, determine the following. A (5)Scale: I unit horizontally is60a. period __________ b. amplitude ___________ c. vertical displacement _____________________21. If the above function is a cosine function, determine a possible equation in the form,( ) dcxbay ++= cos .A (3)360360−
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.