How to get kids to do chores: The role of conditioning in parenting.
This Discussion Board requires an understanding of learning principles and how they can be applied in parenting situations.
This assignment fulfills/Supports:
- Module Outcome: 1
- Course Outcome: 1, 3
- General Education Competencies: 1, 2, 5
For this Discussion Board, complete the following steps:
- Review the elements of Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning and Observational Learning in Chapter 6 of your textbook.
- Listen to the Goats and Soda podcast entitled “How To Get Your Kids To Do Chores (Without Resenting It)” (link below) and read the follow-up article “How To Get Kids To Do Chores: Does The Maya Method Work?”. The article can be accessed through the NPR website by clicking on the following link: Maya Method (opens in a new window).
In your initial post, thoroughly discuss the following:
- Explain how each of the following learning concepts are demonstrated in the “Maya Method”. Give concrete examples from the textbook, podcast and article to support your statements.
- Positive reinforcement
- Unconditioned stimuli
- Unconditioned response
- Conditioned stimuli
- Conditioned response
- Discuss the potential consequences of using physical punishment to shape children’s behavior.
Citing Sources: You must use APA style to reference your source(s) at the end of your submission. For this assignment, you must include reference information for your textbook, the podcast and the article. Information on how to format reference information (including a reference generator) in APA style can be found on the Purdue Online Writing Lab website at https://ift.tt/2LNXHMi (opens in a new window).
Acceptable Length: 300-500 word initial post; 2-3 sentence responses to at least THREE classmates.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font
- Use double line spacing in the document
- 1-inch margins all around
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.