In this class we have looked at numerous data and statistics related to health disparities, and have evaluated the different types of social justice and health disparities issues. We have also looked at ways in which we can be advocates for change. Now it is time to apply these new advocacy skills on an issue of your choice!Your TasksTask 1- Decisions, DecisionsDecide Your TopicYou will need to pick a topic related to anything that we have gone over in the course.Here are some ideas to help guide your decision:Explore trending events/topics in the newsWhat are news reporters currently focusing on? Oftentimes politicians are also focusing on these issues.Examples of news sources: CalMatters, NPR, CNN, Fox, BBC, MSNBC, and etc.Research proposed/recently passed billsWhat are some issues that legislatures have recently voted on or will be voting on soon?Examples of where to find this information: CalMattersLinks to an external site., CA LegiScanLinks to an external site.Decide Who You Will Write ToNext, you will need to decide who to write your letter to. It is recommended that you:Write to the legislator that represents your district and/orWrite to a legislator who works on the topic you’re writing about.CalMatters has a new tool that allows you to find your legislator, as well as identify legislators who work on key topics. You can access this information on their page, Glass House: California Legislator TrackerLinks to an external site..Please see the Directory of Public OfficialsLinks to an external site. for their contact information.Task 2- Rough DraftNext you will create a rough draft of your letter. Your letter can express one of the following:You are angry about something, and want others to know itYou think that an issue is so important that you have to speak outPart of your group’s strategy is to persuade others to take a specific actionOr you want to:Suggest an idea to othersInfluence public opinionEducate the general public on a specific matterInfluence policy-makers or elected officials directly or indirectlyPublicize the work of your group and attract volunteers or program participantsPlease refer to the guidelines found in “How to Write Letters to Elected Officials”, which can be found on the next page. General guidelines can also be found in the powerpoint presentation preceding this assignment.You only need to submit the letter, not the project reflection. Points for this task will be based solely on whether or not you submitted a draft. (10 points)Task 3- Peer ResponseOnce you have completed and submitted your draft to the Project Rough Draft assignment page, you will complete 2 anonymous peer responses. You will provide the following feedback to your assigned peers:How closely they followed the format provided in the “How to Write Letters to Elected Officials” guidelines.Strengths of their letterAreas that need to be improved in their letterSpelling/grammatical errorsThe names of your classmates will remain anonymous. lease use the attached rubric as a basis for your feedback. Grades given by students will not be accounted for in the final submission of the project at the end of this course.This task is worth 20 points, 10 per peer review completed.Unsure how to submit a peer review? Canvas Community has a guide with a step-by-step explanation on peer review submissionLinks to an external site..Submission and GradingSubmitting this AssignmentTasks 1 and 2 will need to be completed and submitted on May 14th by 11:59 PM. You may submit this assignment either as a text entry or a file upload (.doc, .docx, .pdf)Task 3 will need to be completed on May 21st by 11:59 PM.Grading
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.