In a 250-word journal response, address how the quote above (from early in Gang Leader) connects with and contributes to the prevalence of gang activity in low-income neighborhoods in America. One key aspect to consider is the psychological effect of being labelled (or even worse, treated) as an “outcast” or excluded from mainstream society in some way, whether that’s economically, socially, voting, etc. Another aspect to consider in your response is what you think individuals and communities in lower income neighborhoods need to combat the sentiments and challenges reflected in the quote above–I.e. how does one combat and overcome the challenges of growing up poor and disenfranchised, and not give in to gang life?In your response, provide real-life examples (from experience, current events, CJ world examples, etc.) to bolster your claims.“‘You mean you don’t have any white friends?’ I asked. ‘You have any black friends?’ Old Time countered with a sly grin. I didn’t need to answer. ‘And you may want to ask your professors if they have any,’ he said, clearly pleased with his rebuke. From these conversations I started to gain a bit of perspective on what it takes to be black in Chicago. The overriding sentiment was that given how the city operated, there was little chance for significant social progress,” (Venkatesh, 2008, p.7-8).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.