As a clerk for an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, prepare a 4–5-page opinion for the Court based on the following facts:
James Smith was arrested for burglarizing his next-door neighbor’s apartment in the state of California. And without the benefit of a warrant, the neighbor, who is a friend of Mr. Smith, forced open the front door to Mr. Smith’s apartment and saw his property. The neighbor called the police, and they immediately arrested Mr. Smith for burglary and possession of stolen property out of fear that he would get rid of the property before they returned with a search warrant. Mr. Smith’s convictions in the state and federal courts were upheld, and it is now before the U.S. Supreme Court. Prepare the Court’s response to the challenge that Mr. Smith’s constitutional rights were violated.
Be sure to include the following in your opinion:
Identify specific examples in the language of prior decisions.
Examine some of the arguments used by the framers of the Constitution while debating the language of the document.
Include any philosophical underpinning that might influence the Court’s ruling.
Include any social forces that could be useful to guide the decision.
Outline major philosophical arguments of the U.S. Supreme Court in such cases as Weeks v. United States and Mapp v. Ohio.
Use specific references to support your position from the U.S. Constitution and the philosophical perspective of the U.S. Bill of Rights, which helped shape constitutional law in the United States.
You will be graded on the clarity of your opinion, the presentation of your position, use of proper APA format, and your understanding of the Bill of Rights and natural law.
Oyez. (n.d.a). Mapp v. Ohio. https://www.oyez.org/cases/1960/236
Oyez. (n.d.b). Weeks v. United States. https://www.oyez.org/cases/1900-1940/232us383
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.