INFS6071 Project Management in Business Semester 1 2023 Individual assignment 2 Due date: 5 June 2023(23:59) Weight: 35%
General instructions In order to undertake the assignment, students should do the following:
• Submission: You should submit the assignment at the link provided on Canvas. You should name the submission file as follows: SID.doc or SID.pdf, e.g., 123456.doc or 123456.pdf. Please note that you SHOULD NOT provide your names (first names or family names) in the assignment document.
• For further information, please refer to the business school policies: http://sydney.edu.au/business/currentstudents/policy.
• Note: You can submit the assignment only once! Please make sure that the file that you submit is the final version.
The following format details are suggested for the report
1. Cover page – including course name, title of report, and student ID
2. Table of contents
3. Section headings of the report specified under “Requirements” for each part in the next page.
4. Use Portrait orientation
5. Use Arial font, size 11 points
6. Use 1.5 spacing
7. Use A4 paper
Maximum 2500 words. Cover page, table of contents, executive summary and bibliography are not included in word count. You may exceed the word count by 10%.
General Expectations: • Clear, well-structured and written report that captures major aspects of the topic in a succinct
manner. • Conduct your own research to support your arguments. Please carry out online searches at
the USYD library web site for relevant references. • Proof-read and sense check your report before submitting it. • Remember requirements of avoiding plagiarism and in-text referencing (please see slides in
the assignment section of Canvas).
Topic The high failure rate of projects in meeting project objectives of scope, time and cost and in supporting organisational strategic goals remains a major concern of organisations. Rapidly changing business and technology environments compound the complexities in successfully executing many projects. Adopting a proactive approach to managing risks in projects has become increasingly important. In our course, we describe project risk management as the art and science of identifying, analyzing, and responding to risk factors throughout the life of a project and in the best interest of its objectives. How to manage project risks effectively has been a major area of interest for researchers and project management practitioners. Based on your research, this assignment asks you to explore challenges in managing project risk and recommend appropriate actions which organisations may take to accomplish successful outcomes for projects they undertake.
Requirements The assignment must contain the following sections:
1. Executive summary – A summary of the key points of your report.
2. Introduction – Discuss the rationale of the research and provide an overview of how the report is structured.
3. Body – You must use the following themes (headings) to organise the body of the report (you may use subheadings within each of these themes). Please use research evidence/case study references to support your discussion of these themes.
a) Discussion of the concept and importance of project risk management
b) Analysis of challenges to effective management of risks in projects
c) Compare and contrast any three risk identification tools including their strengths, weaknesses in the context of project management
d) Evaluation of the effectiveness of using qualitative risk analysis and assessment approach in projects
e) Well-argued recommendations to enhance effectiveness of risk management in projects.
4. Conclusion – This is not a summary, but a discussion of the key findings from your research/analysis and their implications.
5. Bibliography: Use the Business School Referencing Guide (APA 6th or 7th edition). Marking criteria are given in the next page.
Executive summary, introduction to the topic which includes the rationale for the
research and structure of the report
Effective use of research evidence to support arguments in the following areas of
Discussion of the concept and importance of project risk management 3
Analysis of challenges to effective management of risks in projects 5
Compare and contrast any three risk identification tools including their strengths, weaknesses in the context of project management
Evaluation of the effectiveness of using qualitative risk analysis and assessment approach in projects
Well-argued recommendations to enhance effectiveness of risk management in projects.
Clear conclusions which are integrated with the content of the report including
discussion of key issues identified in the research and their implications
Logical development of the content and arguments 3
Clarity in writing and use of correct grammar, spelling, citations and references 2
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.