5 DQ 2
Over the ten years I have been a Registered Nurse, I have daily interactions with patients that both share and have a different worldview than I do. I find myself extremely lucky to work in a multicultural environment with co-workers, staff and patients that have many different religious cultural and overall worldviews. This environment has allowed me to understand other cultures a lot better, while being able to provide high quality care. An individual’s worldview of spirituality and faith affects, shapes impact their perspective (Grand Canyon University, 2018).
I feel that my strengths in facilitating spiritual care for patients with different worldviews than mine include being open minded, understanding and being compassionate. It is important to educate patients and families on the importance of certain medications, treatments or plans, however ultimately the patient always has the right to refuse. It is our job to provide the best education and information that we possibly can however, the patient and family has the right to choose, and it is our ultimate duty to respect their decision. My weakness in facilitating spiritual care for patients include not knowing every different spiritual view. Every day, I feel I learn something new about what others believe in or value. I find asking culturally appropriate questions are truly helpful. For the most part, people are very willing to share and open up about their beliefs and why and what they value in their lives. It is also important to assess the patient and family for spiritual needs which can include dietary or medical restrictions. At my hospital, this assessment is done upon admission and can be a very helpful tool.
For me personally, the person who would have the final say in terms of ethical decision-making and interventions in the event of a difficult situation would be my next of kin. At the moment, this role would go to my husband. I have found that regardless of cultures or religion, every family or individual is unique and has specific needs that are distinctive only to that person. It is essential that the nurse knows the needs of the individual patient in order to provide the best care possible.
When it comes to facilitating spiritual care for patients with worldviews different from your own, what are your strengths and weaknesses? If you were the patient, who would have the final say in terms of ethical decision-making and intervention in the event of a difficult situation?
Using 200-300 words APA format with at least two references. Sources must be published within the last 5 years.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.