When Advising Does and Doesn’t Work
1. Recall an instance when someone gave you advice that proved helpful. Review the guidelines for offering advice in this section and see if you recognize any that your advice giver followed.I can recall a time when the advice I received was given in the right sequence. During this time in my life, I was seeking advice on whether to return to college. I was a single mother of four children and was not sure if I could handle all the responsibility of attending college and raising four young children alone. The person giving me advice asked me questions prior to recommending resources and advice on how to precede forward with my goals. After receiving this advice, I was able to complete a term of college successfully.2. Now recall an instance when someone gave you advice that wasn’t helpful. Again, review the guidelines. Did that person violate any of them? Which ones?I can recall several times when I received advice that wasn’t helpful. Specifically, I have been given advice that wasn’t needed. In one instance, the advice was a little too late. I had already decided what I was going to do with a very sensitive matter. I had already gone through with the decision. In this case I could not undo what was done. It only made me feel worse about the choice I made.3. Based on your insights here, describe how you can advise (or not advice) others in a way that is truly helpful.I think the best way to advise people is to ask questions. Make sure the person has given me all the details and ask them if they would like the advice. Sometimes people just want someone to listen. Sometimes just hearing themselves talk about their issue or even a positive situation, like choosing between two job offers, can help them come to their own conclusion without hearing a word of advice from me. In any case, it is important to listen carefully to what the person is saying.Rules for Advising:1. Is the advice needed?2. Is the advice wanted?3. Is the advice given in the right sequence?4. Is the advice coming from an expert?5. Is the advisor a close and trusted person?6. Is the advice offered in a sensitive, face-saving manner?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.