According to the world’s history, the migration of people is expected. The movement of people to developed countries can be prompted by famines, the need for economic opportunities, and war. However, with time, concerns have been raised over the policies put forward to address the migration of people. Specific times call for particular policies for immigrants. For example, after WWII, many immigrants and refugees were allowed into the United States, which helped restore the economic crises that other countries were facing. As a result, the number of immigrants reduced drastically (Kirk O. Hanson, 2019). However, the United States’ immigration Policy has become contentious over the years. There is no substantial update to the laws of immigration despite the favor that the immigration reforms have to the Americans. Generally, there has been a decline in wars and conflicts worldwide, but the increasing poverty levels and the conflicts’ persistence have increased the number of refugees. In addition, significant developments in the United States have prompted more economic immigrants. Families have moved to developed countries in search of higher living standards. The superiority of higher education in the United States has been of great interest to most immigrants.
Many developed countries have developed a new set of policies for immigration because of the changed conditions. However, the policymakers in the United States do not seem to agree on how to handle the immigration pressures they face. Policies should be put in place to establish how many immigrants get into the United States and the eligible persons (Dunlap & J.D., 2019). The policies should also specify the difference between refugees, economic immigrants, and US citizens’ family members. The policies should be clear on the actions to be taken on the individuals who entered the US without authorization, how to treat individuals at the borders seeking entry, and the rights of the individuals authorized to enter the United States.
Some ethical principles that should be addressed include empathy and the need to understand the reason behind the migration into the US. This is because many individuals are affected by environmental changes and collapsing economies worldwide; therefore, individuals seeking entry should not be dismissed because they lack the proper documents. The other principle is non-discrimination (Kirk O. Hanson, 2019). America should offer equal opportunities to allow cultural diversity. Membership rights should also be reviewed, and many residents who have lived in the US for long without documentation should be offered some form of protection. Finally, the US should fulfill its commitment to caring for immigrants and refugees who seek economic survival and security. It is unfortunate that the various principles have been ignored in the immigration policy reform debates.
Kirk O. Hanson. (2019). Ethical Principles for Immigration Reform in 2019. @SantaClaraUniv. https://ift.tt/ZY6RQLh
Dunlap, C., & J.D. (2019, February 26). The ethical challenges of immigration activism. Lawfire.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.