Tamil is one of the 4 main languages in Singapore, being taught as a Mother Tongue in most government schools and used in official government notices and letters as well. The purpose of this research is to examine the prevalence of the Tamil language and its orthography in Little India (Singapore).
This study will be replicated from Shang & Guo’s (2016) study on the linguistic landscape of shop names and its correlation to Singapore’s multiculturalism. The main difference in the research paper would be that it is limited to the ethnic enclave of Little India. This is to streamline the focus on the Tamil language and its visibility in that specific area.
The data collection would consist of pictures of signages around Little India. There would be approximately 20-30 pictures for data analysis of Tamil orthography in a bilingual or multilingual context.
Methodology and Coding
Data collected will be specifically analyzed for 5 aspects including
- Number of languages present
The analysis will be done by sorting the images into groups and then comparing them. The coding will be done similarly to the original study with the exception of analyzing Chinese characters as Tamil orthography does not allow for this distinction.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Best Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.