READ this Handout from The Writing Center at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2. COMPLETE the following:
Select one of the two options (Narrative or Description) and begin to tell your Miami Story. The key here is to capture a moment in as much detail as possible. Use the rhetorical structures you have learned so far.
Narrative (1 page, typed, double-spaced) FIRST PART:
Tell a story of significance to your family. Tell it in a scene.
For Miami Stories Event:
Theme — Tell us your story:
- How you or your family came to Miami”
How did you and/or your family come here, to this city? Tell the story in a scene, moment to moment. Include setting, dialogue, gestures, names of people and places. Tell us the year, the season, the moment-to-moment sensations of your journey.
- My first time in Miami. . .”
Give us a scene that you remember from when you first arrived in Miami. If you settled in Miami, describe where you (and/or your family) settled: address, physical description of the place where you lived, neighbors, landscape, streets. Give sounds, colors, names of places and people. How old were you? What was the year? The season? The weather? Give us a specific account of one moment in your life then and your impressions of the place. Include dialogue, setting, gestures.
- What it’s like to live in Miami. . .”
Give us a scene about living in Miami now. Give sounds, colors, names of place and people. Give us a year, the season, the weather. Include dialogue, setting, gestures
The story you tell could be one that you witnessed or one that was told to you. Do not state the story’s significance. It must emerge from the details or actions narrated. Tell the story as it comes to you, but tell it in a scene, moment to moment. It could be a memory or a story of when you were a child or a story told about a relative or sibling or a parent.
Be sure to have:
- setting/ location
- time of day,
- gestures (people sit, stand, move),
- dialogue (one line per speaker, tags;he/she said;)
NOTE: Use past or present tense but be consistent.
Remember that your stories need to be on scene. Create a movie in the mind of the reader, moment to moment.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.