MMP221 Property Management Paper
You are appointed by the owner of an office building, Monument Tower, as the property manager. You are currently negotiating a 5-year lease with an IT company, Extreme Vision, for 2,000 square metres of rentable space. After careful market/property analysis, you estimate that the base rent should be $250 per square metre per year. Monument Tower offers full service to all its tenants as a policy. Rent is due at the beginning of each year.
Extreme Vision indicates to you that they are willing to pay $220 per square metre with step-ups of $10 per square metre each year beginning one year from now. You think that a price of $220 is too low to degrade the reputation of Monument Tower. The owner will certainly reject this price. You come up with two alternative proposals.
Option A: Monument Tower offers Extreme Vision a move-in allowance of $50,000 plus tenant improvements (fitouts) worth $50,000 subject to Extreme Vision signing the lease at a flat rent of $250 for a term of 5 years.
Option B: Monument Tower offers Extreme Vision to buy out its existing lease in another building. The existing lease of Extreme Vision has 1 year remaining. Its space in the other building is 2,000 square metres and the price is $200 per square metre per year. The lease agreement between Extreme Vision and its existing landlord specifies that Extreme Vision should pay 50% of the remaining rent due in a buyout. Extreme Vision signs the new lease at $250 with step-ups of $5 per square metre each year starting one year from now.
(1)Using discounted cash flow method, calculate the present values and effective rents of the three options: the original proposed rent schedule from Extreme Vision, option A, and option B. The discount rate is 10%, which is the required return by the owner. Show your workings by copying the table here and state the formulas if necessary. Explain concisely.
|rent rate per ft||220||230||240||250||260|
|Net profit / operating cashflow||$440,000.00||$460,000.00||$480,000.00||$500,000.00||$520,000.00|
|Discounted Cash flow||$440,000.00||$418,181.82||$396,694.21||$375,657.40||$355,167.00|
|rent rate per ft||250||250||250||250||250|
|Move in allowances||$ 100,000.00|
|Net profit / operating cashflow||$400,000.00||$500,000.00||$500,000.00||$500,000.00||$500,000.00|
|Discounted Cash flow||$400,000.00||$454,545.45||$413,223.14||$375,657.40||$341,506.73|
|rent rate per ft||250||255||260||265||270|
|Buyout cost||$ 200,000.00|
|Net profit / operating cashflow||$300,000.00||$510,000.00||$520,000.00||$530,000.00||$540,000.00|
|Discounted Cash flow||$300,000.00||$463,636.36||$429,752.07||$398,196.84||$368,827.27|
2) Should you recommend option A or option B to the owner? What are the benefits and costs of the three options?
3)If you propose the selected option in part (2) to Extreme Vision, will it accept it? How could you convince them to accept the offer? Please propose another set of lease terms to make it attractive to the potential tenant while satisfying the requirement of the owner.
ONLY REQUIRE QUESTION 2 AND 3 DONE. QUESTION 1 SOLUTION INCLUDED FOR REFERENCE
Requirements: 600 | .doc file
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.