Ethics and Laws in Homeland Security
Some people say that our government is snooping into our business daily.
The and domestic surveillance (such as monitoring of emails and phone calls) have become controversial among the American public, sparking concerns over privacy and related issues. The USA Patriot Act and other federal laws permit law enforcement and intelligence agencies some leeway in domestic surveillance.
Leaks by former National Security Agency (NSA) worker Edward Snowden revealed an extensive program of surveillance by the NSA and the intelligence community. Public outcry has resulted in open and closed hearings before Congress as well as many lawsuits and other legal actions by private citizens and organizations.
There is a need for some measure of surveillance to protect citizens from terrorist attacks; however, these measures are difficult to define and often secret. Examining this controversial issue is an important part of understanding the foundations of Homeland Security.
After studying the required readings and other sources:
Briefly discuss your opinion of the legal and ethical role of DHS and its component agencies in the domestic surveillance of U.S. citizens.
Remember to cover such areas as privacy, surveillance, and treatment of citizens.
Google your state’s Homeland Security Plan. For example, enter (Name of your state) Homeland Security Plan, and note any language relating to safety and privacy of citizens.
Length: This Case Assignment should be 3-5 pages, not counting the title page and references.
References: At least two references should be included from academic sources (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles). Required readings are included. Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it MUST be enclosed in quotes. The references should be cited within the text and listed at the end of the assignment in the References section (preferably in APA format).
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to question.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.