Module code and title: FY028 Inquiry Based Learning Module leader: Joseph Tawiah
Assignment No. and type: CW1: Inquiry Project (Business) Assessment weighting: 100%
Submission time and date: Tuesday 14th December 2021 before 2pm Target feedback time and date: 3 Weeks after submission deadline
In this assignment, you will undertake an inquiry-based project. You will need to research current trends in the retail industry, using valid research sources. Then you will choose one company and conduct an analysis of that company, using relevant business models. The name of this organisation will need to be confirmed with your tutor. You will then need to make recommendations on what that organisation needs to do to focus on continuing their success, or alternatively what they need to focus on to survive. It would be valuable to choose an organisation where you might be able to visit and potentially do some primary research on friends and family who might be customers of that organisation.
It is expected that the report (including any other requirements, will be around 2000 words; 650 words for the trends in retail, 650 for the analysis of the organisation and 650 for the recommendations.
You will be expected to devote substantial time to completing this project independently, in addition to any scheduled teaching in the module.
You are expected to meet the following milestones (key actions and dates you need to achieve as part of the process). Precise dates will be agreed with your module tutor and supervisor:
1. Submit a plan for your project for approval and formative feedback from your supervisor (Week
2. Provide a progress update on your project (Week 9)
3. Deliver the project report (and artefact or performance, if required) (Week 12).
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of the following module learning outcomes:
LO 1 Collect, select and use information from a range of sources using different methods, appropriate to the academic discipline and context.
LO 2 Investigate the needs, problems and opportunities of a given situation.
LO 3 Plan and undertake a project to address a subject-related problem or answer a subject-related question
LO 4 Communicate effectively, with well-structured verbal and written reports, as demanded in academic and professional domains.
• Written work submitted as part of this assignment should be presented in Arial 12, 1.5 line spacing
• Other submissions should be submitted in an appropriate format, as agreed with your supervisor
Referencing and research requirements
Please reference your work according to Harvard referencing, as defined in Cite Them Right Online
(https://ift.tt/35V7cpK). This information is also available in book form: Pears, R. and Shields, G. (2016) Cite them right: the essential reference guide. 10th edn. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. Copies are available via the University library.
How your work will be assessed
Your work will be assessed on the extent to which it demonstrates your achievement of the stated learning outcomes for this assignment (see above) and against other key criteria, as defined in the University’s Foundation Year grading descriptors.
This assignment will be marked according to the grading descriptors for Foundation Level.
• You are reminded of the University’s regulations on academic misconduct, which can be viewed on the University website: https://ift.tt/3gXSEvB
Policy.pdf. In submitting your assignment, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these regulations
• Please also note that work that is submitted up to 10 working days beyond the submission date will be considered a late submission. Late submissions will be marked and the actual mark recorded, but will be capped at the pass mark (typically 40%), provided that the work is of a passing standard.
Work submitted after this period will not be marked and will be treated as a non-submission.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.