Please read Chapter 11 and use terms and concepts from the reading in this weeks discussion in a way that demonstrates your knowledge of those terms and concepts. On pages 441 through 447, the authors discuss the causes and impacts of stress in the workplace. What actions can a manager take to reduce stress in the workplace while still maintaining a high level of quality and productivity? Reducing Stressors in the Organization There are all kinds of buffers, or administrative changes, that managers can make to reduce stressors and improve employee well-being.270 This section reviews six recommendations, starting with attempts to help people develop their resilience. • Build resilience. Resilience represents the capacity to consistently bounce back from adversity and to sustain yourself when confronted with challenges. It is a career readiness competency desired by employers. Do you think people are born resilient, or is it something that is learned over time? The consensus is that it represents a capacity that is developed over time.271 Consider the example of inventor James Dyson. Dyson spent five years testing more than 5,000 versions of what he hoped would be a better vacuum cleaner that operated on the same principle as a cyclone. Today, his company, named after him, markets the Dual Cyclone bagless vacuum and almost 60 other products and is worth $4.8 billion.27 2 Resilience assists you in achieving goals by encouraging positive thinking in the face of setbacks and challenges. That is one reason it represents a career readiness competency desired by employers. To what extent do you possess the career readiness competency of resilience? Find out by taking Self-Assessment 11.8. • Create a supportive environment. Job stress often results because employees work under poor supervision and lack freedom. Wherever possible, it’s better to keep the organizational environment less formal, more personal, and more supportive of employees. Mentors can also help reduce stress. 291 Some companies are helping employees relieve financial worries by paying them small amounts of money as an incentive to set cash aside in an emergency fund. 292 • Make jobs interesting. Stress also results when jobs are routinized and boring. It’s better to try to structure jobs so that they allow employees some freedom and variety. . Make career counseling available. Companies such as IBM make career planning available, which reduces the stress that comes when employees don’t know what their career options are and where they’re headed.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.