Week 3 – Assignment 2: Calculate Investing in Productivity Improvements (HR)
Prepare a policy position that addresses the issue, “Does it make sense to invest in the productivity improvements offered by the HR module?” Access the Spreadsheet in this week’s Resources titled Activity 3 ROI Analysis.
For this exercise, you need the spreadsheet and both the Capstone Courier and Annual Report. Use the Round 2 reports for the analysis. Human Resources statistics like workforce complement and turnover rate are on Courier page 12. Use Annual Report Income Statement’s total Labor cost to estimate payroll costs.
Listed below are the assumptions for this exercise:
These are the maximums for recruiting and training costs:
Recruiting costs per new worker are $5000.
Each employee trains 80 hours per year at $20 per training hour.
Workforce complement increases by 4.2% to cover the 80 hours people are in training.
Assume the following productivity payoffs:
Round 2 – 102%
Round 3 – 105%
Round 4 – 108%
Round 5 – 112%
Round 6 – 115%
Round 7 – 118%
Therefore, in Round 7 each worker would be 1.18 times as effective as the beginning worker, and your workforce complement would fall to 1/1.18 or 85% of its current level.
For a quick evaluation, assume your total labor expenditure from the Annual Report Income Statement will stay flat for the next 6 years.
Part 1: Using this week’s course readings and supplemental readings, summarize (1-2 paragraphs) the importance of reviewing ROI for investments in human resources
Part 2: How much of a cost savings might you expect in the seventh year? What are the savings for all 6 years? What are the Recruiting and Training costs? Would the total cost savings justify the necessary expenditures in recruiting and training made over time?
Part 3: Assume your turnover rate doubles and no increase in workforce size. Are the Recruitment and training costs still justified?
Length: 1 – 2 pages of analysis. Please submit a copy of your spreadsheet as well.
Resources: Supplement this weeks’ readings with a minimum of one additional scholarly article.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.