View attached explanation and answer. Let me know if you have any questions.المملكة العربية السعوديةوزارة التعليمالجامعة السعودية اإللكترونيةKingdom of Saudi ArabiaMinistry of EducationSaudi Electronic UniversityCollege of Administrative and Financial SciencesAssignment 2 MGT101 (1st Term 2022-2023)Deadline: 12/11/2022 @ 23:59(To be posted/released to students on BB anytime in Week 7)Course Name: Principles ofManagementCourse Code: MGT101Student’s Name:Semester: 1stCRN:Student’s ID Number:Academic Year: 1444 H (2022-2023)1st TermFor Instructor’s Use onlyInstructor’s Name:Students’ Grade: /15Level of Marks: High/Middle/LowInstructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY••This Assignment is an individual assignment.Due date for Assignment 2 is 12/11/2022• The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via the allocated folder.• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.• Students are advised to make their work transparent and well-presented; marks may bereduced for poor presentation. This includes filling in your information on the cover page.• Students must mention the question number clearly in their answers.• Late submissions will NOT be accepted.• Avoid plagiarism; the work should be in your own words; copying from students or otherresources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.• All answers must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. Nopictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.المملكة العربية السعوديةوزارة التعليمالجامعة السعودية اإللكترونيةKingdom of Saudi ArabiaMinistry of EducationSaudi Electronic UniversityCollege of Administrative and Financial SciencesAssignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:After completion of the Assignment, two students will be able to understand theLO 1.1: State the concept of management functions, roles, skills of a manager, and the differentmanagement theories.LO 2.2: Employ knowledge and techniques of strategic planning, problem-solving, decision-making, andchange management.LO 3.1: Use management function effectively on teamwork activities and skills to create a developmentalplan.Assignment-2For Part I of the Assignment, please read the case “What Motivated Workers in the Face of aPandemic?” given on Page number 558, Chapter 12 – “Motivating Employees” available inyour textbook/e-textbook “Management: A Practical Introduction” 10th edition by AngeloKinicki, & Denise B. Soignet and answer the following questions:PART-IQUESTIONS (Each of your answers should be around 100 -125 words)Q1. What is the underlying problem in this case from the perspective of Hospital administration?(2 Marks)Q2. What role did extrinsic and intrinsic motivation play in this case? (3 Marks)Q3. What are the major motivation issues in the healthcare industry according to the major needsbased theories of motivation? (Maslow’s need Hierarchy theory, McClelland’s acquired needs, andDeci & Ryan’s self-determination)? (3 Marks)Q4. What do you think were the major equity issues faced by healthcare workers during thepandemic? (2 Marks)PART-IIQUESTION (Your answer should be around 200 -300 words)Q5. Describe the needs for achievement, power, and affiliation and how these needs affect workbehavior. Review the hygiene and motivators in the two-factor theory. Are there any hygiene factorsyou would consider motivators and vice versa? (05 Marks) (Min words 200-300)Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMinistry of EducationSaudi Electronic Universityالمملكة العربية السعوديةوزارة التعليمالجامعة السعودية اإللكترونيةCollege of Administrative and Financial SciencesANSWERS: PART-I1.In this particular case, the root cause of the problem is the professional stress and fatigue thathealthcare providers experience as a result of their employment during the COVID-19 epidemic. Byjoining the fight against Covid-19, they are not only assisting patients; they are putting their own lives andthe lives of their families at risk.2.An example of intrinsic motivation is the desire to help sick people. It is satisfying to know thatyou have helped someone else overcome a difficult time. Employees receive $1,000 monthly extrinsicincentives. This increases to $2,000 if you work at a facility with confirmed COVID-19 cases.3.According to Maslow, at the top of the hierarchy of needs are getting enough sleep, wearing theright amount of personal protective equipment (PPE), and having family, friends, and colleagues protectyou. I have accomplished something by doing whatever I can to care for my patients. McClellandemployees have authority over patient health and need to know that they are moving toward helping themaximum number of people recover. This would meet McClelland’s needs he earned. You will be ableto connect with your peers and take control of your life even when working long hours underchallenging times. For Ryan and Deci, self-determi…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.