Attached. Please let me know if you have any questions or need revisions.N 007ACollege of Administrative and Financial SciencesAssignment 2Deadline: 25/03/2021 @ 23:59Academic Year: 2020-21Course Name: Introduction toOperations ManagementStudent’s Name:Course Code: MGT311Student’s ID Number:Semester: IICRN:For Instructor’s Use onlyInstructor’s Name:Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/OutofLevel of Marks: High/Middle/LowInstructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) viaallocated folder.• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may bereduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the coverpage.• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.• Late submission will NOT be accepted.• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from studentsor other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. Noexceptions.• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced)font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be consideredplagiarism).• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.Learning Outcome:• Describe the concept of operations functions, supply chain strategy, processselection, forecasting, capacity planning, production forecast methods andschedule operations.• Demonstrate process-flow analysis, process design solutions, operationsstrategies, Inventory Control System and customer services in the businessoperation.Assignment Question(s):(Marks 5)Question 2:An Electronic Company estimates the annual demand for a certain product as follows:WeekDemand164925243561473855156598a. Forecast the demand for week 7 using a five-period moving average? (Marks1.5) (word count maximum:100)A five-period moving average is calculated by summing demand for five periods and thendividing by five.Table 1. Five-period moving average.WeekDemand1649252435614738551565987CalculationForecast(649 + 524 + 561 + 738 + 515)5597(524 + 561 + 738 + 515 + 598)5587The forecasted demand for week 7 using a five-period simple moving average is 587 units.b. Forecast the demand for week 7 using a three-period weighted moving average.Use the following weights: W1 = .4, W2 = .4, W3 = .2 (Marks 1.5) (word countmaximum:100)A weighted average forecasting period uses certain weights to forecast demand for a certainperiod. In this part, we use three periods, each with individual weights, to forecast the demand forweek 7.Table 2. Three periods weighted moving average.WeekDemandCalculationForecast1649252435614738 (649*0.4+524*0.4+561*0.2)5815515 (524*0.4+561*0.4+738*0.2)5826598 (561*0.4+738*0.4+515*0.2)6237(738*0.4+515*0.4+598*0.2)621Table 2 shows that the demand for week 7 using a three-period weighted moving average is721 units.c. Forecast the demand for week 7 using exponential smoothing. Use α value of .1and assume the forecast for week 6 was 602 units? (Marks 1.5) (word countmaximum:100)Exponential smoothing is a technique used to smooth time series using an exponentialfunction. Exponential functions are exponential with decreasing weights over time.Table 3. Exponential smoothingWeekDemand16492524Calcula…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.