College of Administrative and Financial Sciences Assignment 3 Principles of Management (MGT101) Deadline: 11/04/2020 @ 23:59 Course Name: Principles of Management Course Code: MGT101 Student’s Name: Semester: 2nd CRN: Student’s ID Number: Academic Year: 1440/1441 H, 2nd Term For Instructor’s Use only Instructor’s Name: Students’ Grade: /10 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY • The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder. • Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted. • Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page. • Students must mention question number clearly in their answer. • Late submission will NOT be accepted. • Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. • All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, doublespaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism). • Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted. Assignment Workload: • This Assignment comprise of a short Case. • Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually. Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes: After completion of Assignment-3 students will able to understand the LO 2. Recognize the functions of planning, organizing and controlling and how they interrelate (Lo2.1) LO 4. Apply knowledge and techniques of strategic planning and decision making. (Lo2.1) Assignment-3 Please read the Management in Action case “Norwegian Air Shuttle Aspires to Become the Cheapest Global Airline” at the end of Chapter 4 “Global Management” available in your textbook Management: A Practical Approach 7th edition by Kinicki, A., & Williams, B., and answer the following questions: Assignment Question(s): (Marks 10) 1. What are the biggest challenges Norwegian experienced in trying to expand its airline across the globe? (2.5 marks) 2. To what extent did you observe examples of ethnocentric, polycentric, or geocentric attitudes in this case? Provide examples to support your conclusions. (2.5 marks) 3. Use Table 4.4 (Given below) to identify cultural differences that are likely to arise between Norwegian employees working in Denmark and Sweden and Thailand. How might these differences affect interpersonal interactions, and what can the company do to reduce any unintended conflict from these differences? (3 marks) 4. What are the most important lessons to be learned about global management from this case? Discuss.(2 marks) TABLE 4.4 Countries Ranking Highest and Lowest on the Globe Cultural Dimensions DIMENSION HIGHEST LOWEST Power distance Morocco, Argentina, Thailand, Spain, Russia Denmark, Netherlands, South Africa (black sample), Israel, Costa Rica Uncertainty avoidance Switzerland, Sweden, Germany (former West), Denmark, Austria Russia, Hungary, Bolivia, Greece, Venezuela Institutional collectivism Sweden, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Denmark Greece, Hungary, Germany (former East), Argentina, Italy In-group collectivism Iran, India, Morocco, China, Egypt Denmark, Sweden, New Zealand, Netherlands, Finland Gender egalitarianism Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, Denmark, Sweden South Korea, Egypt, Morocco, India, China Assertiveness Germany (former East), Austria, Greece, United States, Spain Sweden, New Zealand, Switzerland, Japan, Kuwait Future orientation Singapore, Switzerland, Netherlands, Canada (English speaking), Denmark Russia, Argentina, Poland, Italy, Kuwait Performance orientation Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Taiwan, United States Russia, Argentina, Greece, Venezuela, Italy Human orientation Philippines, Ireland, Malaysia, Egypt, Indonesia Germany (former West), Spain, France, Singapore, Brazil 5. Source: Adapted from M. Javidan and R. J. House, “Cultural Acumen for the Global Manager: Lessons from Project GLOBE,” Organizational Dynamics, Spring 2001, pp. 289–305. Answers: 1. 2. 3. 4.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.