Saudi Electronic University College of Administrative and Financial Sciences Assignment of MIS201- Management Information System MIS201 – Project 2020/2021 Submission Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 End of week 7 Saturday 6th of March 2021 End of week 12 Saturday 10th of April 2021 Instructors will manage the date and time for presentation during week 13 & 14 25 Marks Assignment Details The project involves studying the IT infrastructure of a relevant information system (IS)/ information technology (IT) used by selecting any organization of your choice locally or internationally The idea is to investigate the selected organization using the main components of IT (Hardware, software, services, data management and networking). Infrastructure Investigation, which is in a selected industry, should be carried out by using articles, websites, books and journal papers and /or interviews. In the report, you are expected to discuss: Project Report Structure: Part 1 Submission: End of week 7 Saturday 6th of March 2021 Marks: 10 1. Cover Page This must contain topic title, student names and Students ID, section number and course name. (you can find the cover page in the blackboard) 2. Table of Contents (0.5 mark). Make sure the table of contents contains and corresponds to the headings in the text, figures, and tables. 3. Executive Summary (1 marks). What does the assignment about, briefly explain the distinct features 4. Organizational Profile (1.5 marks). Brief background of the business including organization details, purpose, and organizational structure. 5. Strategies (3 marks). Discuss different types of strategies for competitive advantages and then select and discuss the most appropriate strategies to improve the performance of the organization. Hint: You can discuss any points that you learned in this course and its related to your selected organization 6. Technology Involved (4 marks). How is the organization set up in terms of its IT infrastructure? Discuss the hardware, software, telecommunication, information security, networks, and other elements. Hint: You can discuss any points that you learned in this course and its related to your selected organization Project Report Structure: Part 2 Submission: End of week 12 Saturday 10th of April 2021 Marks: 8 7. Analysis of Existing System (5 marks). Analyze the key problems of the existing system used by the company. Also discuss the Information Systems used within the company for example: • • • • • Transaction processing systems (TPS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems Functional Area Information Systems Business intelligence DSS Hint: You can discuss any points that you learned in this course and its related to your selected organization 8. Possible Solutions and Suggestions for the company (1 mark). What are your suggestions to help the organization in solving the key problems. 9. Conclusion (1.5 mark). Summarize your report 10. References (0.5 mark). Use APA referencing style format. Part 3: Presentation Submission: Instructors will manage the date and time for presentation during week 13 & 14 Marks: 7 Make a power-point presentation of your Project work mentioning all the above contents and present in a group. There must be minimum 10 slides in the presentation with a good background design, readable font size and style with appropriate color. Presentation must have the following format: First slide: Group members name and Student id & Title of the Project Company Profile Strategies Technology Involved Analysis of Existing System Possible solutions and suggestions Conclusion References Guidelines for the assignment: Make sure to include the cover page with all information required. One mark will be deducted if there is no cover page This is a group project (2-3 students), which is part of your course score. It requires effort, research, and critical thinking. Use font Times New Roman, 12 font size Use 1.5 line spacing with adjust to all paragraphs (alignment). Use the footer function to insert page number. Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project and references. The minimum number of required references is 5. Your project report length Part 1 & Part 2 should be between 2500 to 3000 words in total. You must check the spelling and grammar mistakes before submitting the assignment. Up to 20% of the total grade will be deducted for providing a poor structure of assignment. Structure includes these elements paper style, free of spelling and grammar mistakes, referencing and word count. Assignment must be in Word format only no PDF Your file should be saved as Word doc [Example]: [Your Name] [CRN] MIS201 – Project Assignment Part 1.doc
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.