Unit 9 [MT400] Unit 9 Assignment: Mentors and Shadowing In this Assignment, you will be assessed based on the following outcomes: MT400-6: Evaluate methods to sustain benefits from a Business Process Management (BPM) project. PC-3.5: Engage in career development and advancement strategies, including effective networking, mentoring, and creating a personal brand. In this Assignment, you are going to evaluate a specific business process based on criteria detailed below. If you already have selected a business process, continue using that and skip to the next paragraph. If you have not yet selected the business process you will use for these Assignments, then begin by selecting one. Email your instructor and clearly describe the objective of this process, the participants, and the strategic significance for the company. The business process you select must have a clear beginning and an end, with identifiable, specific steps. Your instructor will confirm that the process you selected is suitable, or will ask you to select another one. As the BPM nears completion, the process team must be concerned not only with the best-fit roll-out option but also with providing information to the work team that will handle the completed process or process change to ensure their success. This often takes the form of mentoring. Mentoring is most often a one-on-one activity in which an experienced individual (the mentor) provides guidance and advice to someone with less experience (the mentee). Any mentoring relationship is, by nature of the process, a close one in which experiences, knowledge, and skills are shared. The best way for mentors and mentees to share information is through a process called shadowing. Shadowing occurs when the mentee actively watches, follows, and participates in the activities, processes, or actions that are completed by the mentor. This provides a visceral and active learning environment. Consider the BPM process you have been designing this semester and address the following (support your answers with research on mentoring and shadowing through the Library and Internet): 1. Should all members of the BPM team be considered as possible mentors? Explain and justify your answer. 2. Who within the organization would be the mentee(s) for the institutionalization of the new processes? Make sure you fully support your conclusions. 3. Identify ways in which mentors and mentees can use shadowing as a method for tracking and assessing the ongoing changes within the company after completion of the BPM project. Directions for Submitting Your Assignment Compose your Assignment as a Microsoft Word document and save it as UsernameMT400Assignment-Unit#.docx (Example: TAllenMT400-Assignment-Unit9.docx). Submit your file by selecting the Unit 9 Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 9. Page 1 of 2 Unit 9 [MT400] Grading note: In the grading rubric below, you will see a section on analysis and critical thinking. The points in this section will partly be based on your ability to apply the concepts discussed in your Assignment to the specific circumstances and details of the process/organization you selected. Writing in general terms without applying the concepts and analyzing your specific project may get you points for content section, but you will lose points in the analysis section. Review the grading rubric below before beginning this Assignment. Unit 9 Assignment: Mentors and Shadowing Points Points Possible Earned Content, Focus, Use of Text, and Research Explained and justified if all members of the BPM team should be mentors. Identified who should be the mentees during the institutionalization of the new processes. 5 5 Identified ways in which mentors and mentees can use shadowing as a method for establishing the changes within the company. 10 Identified ways in which mentors and mentees can help assess ongoing performance. 10 Analysis and Critical Thinking Responses demonstrated critical thinking and analysis and exhibited application of information. 18 Spelling, Grammar, APA Format Clear business writing; spelling and grammar acceptable; effective use of APA; followed the required format and instructions. 12 Total 60 Page 2 of 2
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.