The required studies in The Ethics of Teaching (Strike & Soltis, 2009/2015) introduce and integrate postmodernism and pluralism into the theories of ethical thought. Write a post discussing the challenges and contributions of postmodernism and pluralism to these ethical theories.
The distinction between tolerating and affirming the truth of a viewpoint;
The inability of relativism truly to criticize a dominating perspective;
The place of fallibilism as a middle ground to certainty and skepticism.
Explain the difference between a melting pot and pluralism.
Explain how coming to recognize the differences in cultural values helps educators better appraise varying ethical standards.
Strike, K. A., & Soltis, J. F. (2009/2015). The ethics of teaching (5th ed.). New York, NY: Teachers College.
The Ethics of Teaching (Strike & Soltis, 2009/2015)
Code of Ethics of the Education Profession
Chapter 5: Diversity: Multiculturalism and Religion
Chapter 6: Democracy, Professionalism, and Teaching with Integrity
Prof. Dr. Magala: Salad Bowl or Melting Pot (HOPE Entrepreneurship, 2011) [Video] [Closed captioned]
Also read the brief commentary related to this video, Melting Pot vs. Cultural Pluralism (Dunphy, 2013) [Web page]
Watch VideoOME – Prof.Dr. Magala: Salad bowl or Melting potDuration: 1:53
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.