please find the attached files. i look forward to working with you again. good byeRunning head: PREVENTING WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATIONPreventing Workplace DiscriminationNameCourse TitleDate1PREVENTING WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION2Preventing Workplace DiscriminationTitle VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a federal law prohibiting employers fromdiscriminating against employees on the basis of race, sex, color, religion and national origin.This legislation seeks to promote equal employment opportunities for all employees. It outlawssegregation and promotes equality in the diverse demographics of the nation. It prohibitsdisparate treatment and discrimination of the minorities. After the Civil War, some constitutionalamendments abolished slavery, giving the slaves voting rights despite being of different races.However, many states especially in the South still kept African-Americans disfranchised by useof measures like literacy tests and poll taxes. The South states also condoned violence from KuKlux Klan and other white supremacists. Through Jim Crow laws, strict segregation was alsoenforced (Rosenberg 2004). By 1964, racial tensions were at a breaking point leading to itsimplementation. The maximum civil penalties range from $50,000 for smaller firms to $300,000for companies with 500 employees or more (EOCC 2019).Types of discriminationSex discrimination is when an individual is treated differently because of their genderidentity or sexual orientation. An employer may pay a higher salary to a certain gender yet bothof the employees have the same qualifications. The law forbids lowering the salary of one genderfor the purpose of equalizing pay between male and female employees (EOCC 2019). Thehuman resource should make hiring, firing, and retention decisions basing on merit rather thanstereotypes and preference.Age discrimination prohibits employers from refusing to hire and discharge employe…
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.