“Should there be national reform of natural disaster insurers? Support your argument using a common issue below.”
When policyholders have disputes with their insurers, the insurance companies have a considerable advantage. Since the company’s lawyers wrote the policies they sell, they always contain loopholes that favor insurers and hurt policyholders. Some common issues include:
- Flood Damage: Most insurance policies address flood losses in very narrow terms. For example, these policies usually exclude natural flood damage. So, insurance adjusters frequently conclude that flood damage was natural if there was heavy rain in the area, even if the evidence indicates otherwise.
- Fire Damage: The collateral effects of a fire, mostly smoke and water, often cause more damage than the flames themselves. Once again, narrowly interpreted policy clauses often exclude such damage claims.
- Storm Damage: Insurance companies notoriously look for the cheapest available fix. For example, adjusters often only approve roof patch jobs after a severe hailstorm when a new roof would be a much better solution.
Many insurance companies use events that affect hundreds or thousands of policyholders as an excuse to delay their investigations. The law does not allow this. Insurance companies must always live up to their legal and financial responsibilities.
When affected businesses filed interruption claims, insurance companies almost universally denied them. Depending on one’s perspective, these denials either kept insurance companies financially afloat during a difficult time or made the economic catastrophe even worse for small businesses.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.