- Writing Assignment: Unit Five: Source Summary and Evaluation (2.5%)
- a working thesis statement
- an APA-style reference citation of one source you can use in your research paper
- A one-paragraph summary of your source to present to the class. (Remember that you do not appear in a summary.)
- A sentence or two to explain how you expect to use the source in your paper (e.g. data, background, to confirm a specific point, a quote, current research about…)
- E-mail it to me. We will work with the references and citations in class.
Grading Rubric Research Paper Source Summary and Evaluation
Doing Preliminary Research
- Searching: Googling, GU Library databases, PubMed.
- Scrolling and scanning: Scrolling a page for URLs, titles, 2-line descriptions, and scanning keywords in the descriptions (Applies to Googling, GU library databases and other databases).
- Apply discretion before opening:
- Evaluating websites:
- .gov (NIH, PubMed, CDC, FDA, USDA, VA); .mil
- .org (WHO); Mayo Clinic, ACS, AHA,
- .edu (press releases, newsletters);
- .com (ScienceDirect, ScienceDaily)
- Pick one: Scan abstract, beginning, headings before committing to it. Pick another.
- What keywords got you what you wanted?
- Before ending research session: make decisions about which ones to keep
- save URLs at minimum, bookmark, copy, print, full citation
- Pick one to use for your Unit 5 Writing Assignment
Review of APA References and Citations:
“In 1996, largely in response to her case, Healthy House, a social-service agency that facilitates medical care for Merced County’s non-English-speaking residents, was founded in Merced, the county seat. Among its services is an interpreter training program, which provides medical interpreters in a half-dozen languages, including Hmong” (Fox, 2012, para. 36).
More recently, The New York Times reported that:
In 1996, largely in response to her case, Healthy House, a social-service agency that facilitates medical care for Merced County’s non-English-speaking residents, was founded in Merced, the county seat. Among its services is an interpreter training program, which provides medical interpreters in a half-dozen languages, including Hmong. (Fox, 2012, para. 36)
Did you know that the Yale School of Medicine requires their first- year medical students to read The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down? (Fox, 2012).
eating disorders of men
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.