Please reply to each classmate. Also, please make each reply personable and separate.New Post by Tyler Harris:In order to serve a bigger population, a service unit must be situated in a more populous location, but a production unit must be situated in a remote place to minimize disruption to surrounding residents. For day-to-day operations, manufacturing and service units both require sufficient connectivity. However, manufacturing facilities are typically found in areas with poorer connection. Comparatively speaking, service units need a lot less space than production units do. Supply chain logistics network tactics utilized to support enhanced performance include. It is necessary to create standard operating procedures for informing the manufacturing unit about the needs of the service unit. Partners in logistics who have the necessary infrastructure to finish work during and after transit. Effective definitions of the loading and unloading procedure are required. There are a number of operational risks in a supply chain, including Order recording is delayed. longer production period. Transport delays. inadequate observance of legislation pertaining to transportation. Lean systems and ERP can be equipped with capabilities that can be used to reduce the risks associated with live order and status tracking. Order quantity and demand definition Economic request be raised appropriately. Updates on compliance and document storage in the cloud.Resource:Krajewski, L. J., Malhotra, M. K., & Ritzman, L. P. (2016). Operations management (11th ed.). Pearson.New Post by Felicia Channel:There are various factors which affect location decisions and these include, the population, the infrastructure and the area. Service units need to be located in area that is well populated so they can service a larger group. A manufacturer needs to be an area that is less populated to avoid disturbance. The infrastructure is important to both the manufacture and service units because they must have sufficient connectivity to run daily operations of business. As for as the area, service units require less space than manufacturing units.Different strategies are used to improve overall performance in the supply chain. The Standard operating procedures are beneficial for communication requirements of service unit to manufacturing units. The loading and unloading process must be carefully defined and the Logistic partners must have the right facility in order to complete transit process. This ensures that needs are met and they can remain productive.There are risk associated with operating a supply chain. There will at times be delayed orders recording, higher production time, delay of transport and concerns related to compliance and laws, but having procedures in places ensures that the challenges and risks are not detrimental to the organization. The ERP and Lean system can be applied by ensuring that Live ordering and status tracking is available, ensure that compliance needs are met and updated as required and ensuring the economic order quantity and supply request are updated.Krajewski, L. J., Malhotra, M. K., & Ritzman, L. P. (2016). Operations management (11th ed.). Pearson.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.