Instructions:This is an open book, non-proctored, and non-timed examination. Material covered in this examination comes from your reading assignments for the first four weeks of this class. You must make connections to and properly cite the textbook in each of your answers.Answers must be paraphrased (restated in your own words with no quoting permitted), properly APA format source credited – including within-answer citations and a list of references included at the end of each answer – and at least 600 words each, not counting source citations and references. Answers should be succinct, thorough, articulated in well-organized paragraphs (lists, sentence fragments and bulleted items are not permitted), and more substantive than just definitions of terms, procedures, or issues.To complete this exam, save a copy of the attached file on your hard drive, construct your answers below each question on a separate page per question, attach a cover page to the front and a reference list to the end (references must also be placed at the end of each question for which they were used) and attach it under the Midterm Exam assignment tab.NOTE: Answers copy/pasted into a student comments box in the assignment tab cannot be graded; a Word document or Rich-Text File formatted as instructed above must be uploaded.The deadline for submitting this exam is Sunday at 11:55 pm Eastern Time, the end of WEEK 4 of the course.Questions:1. Explain, in terms a layperson could understand, the neurobiology of drug tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal.2. Choose one of the following areas and broadly recount its socio-historical path:a. Models of substance useb. Substance abuse treatmentsc. The social/self-help movementsd. Treatment and prevention efforts3. In considering both psychological evaluations and laboratory assessments of substance use disorders, discuss the factors which you consider to be most pressing in determining which type(s) of assessment(s) to administer – those factors may be related to the client, to the substance being used, and/or to the assessment tools themselves.4. Characterize the three specific factors you believe are most important for a basic understanding of each of the following substances of abuse. Be sure to justify your choices using only about 100 words for each:a. Alcohollb. Nicotinec. Opioidsd. Cannabise. Hallucinogens & Inhalantsf. Stimulantsg. Cocaineh. Sedatives/Hypnotics & Benzodiazepines5. Choose one of the following questions:a. Based on your reading and understanding of the traditional substance use disorders thus far, argue either for or against considering the “behavioral” addictions like pathological gambling to be “addictive” disorders.b. Discuss some of the primary clinical challenges of managing pain and addiction in a clinical population.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.