There are 2 parts to this assessment. In this assessment, pretend you are gathering information for a family assessment and looking at the medical history and social influences on a family unit. You present this in a genogram and ecomap. You also conduct a windshield survey of the community in which your chosen family resides.
Part 1: Abuse and Neglect: Orientation Project
Select a family within your community as the basis for the completion of assessments.
(Family name: Mr. Wiliam and Mrs. Maria Green)
Husband and wife living in Chicago, IL. No children and have been living in Chicago since they meet. William recently retired at the age of 64. Due to the covid situation, he retired early because he has multiple co-morbidities/underlying conditions. Maria is a nurse and currently working full-time in the nursing home. They have 1 car to use for transportation and both are licensed to drive. Maria is 46yrs old and William is 66yrs old. They don’t have any families around the area. Maria is from the Philippines and William is born and raised in Chicago but his parents are deceased and his siblings live in Minnesota.
Formulate key questions for obtaining valuable information.
Ensure your family assessment addresses:
- Identifying data
- Developmental stage and history of family
- Environmental data
- Family structure
- Family functions
- Family stress and coping
- Family composition
Provide a brief overview of the family members.
Complete a genogram and ecomap.
Format your assessment data as follows:
- 875-word summary
- Submit your genogram and ecomap as a mind map or other visual representation.
Note: Remove all personally identifying information, such as the family members’ names. Refer to family members by initials only.
Part 2: Community Assessment
Review the windshield survey aid.
Review the Windshield Survey Resources
Observe your family’s community by driving around the area.
Consider aspects of the community that could affect residents’ health and any HealthyPeople Leading Health Indicators that may be applicable to the community.
Conduct a windshield survey that addresses the following components:
- The age, nature, and condition of the community’s available housing
- Infrastructure needs—roads, bridges, streetlights, and so on
- The presence or absence of functioning businesses and industrial facilities
- The location, condition, and use of public spaces
- The amount of activity on the streets at various times of the day, week, or year
- The noise level in various parts of the community
- The amount and movement of traffic at various times of day
- The location and condition of public buildings—the city or town hall, courthouse, and so on
- Walkability of community; walking paths/biking paths/safety? Proximity for walkability to community resources?
- Public transportation availability? Cost? Accessibility?
- Social service centers? Public libraries? Parks? Churches? Community centers? Recreation centers?
- Health care facilities? How many? Clinics? Hospitals? Accessibility of health care resources?
- Food/nutrition? Food deserts? Grocery stores?
- Homeless population? Homeless services?
- Police/fire presence?
- Schools? Location? Physical condition of schools?
Compile your windshield survey data, using the Windshield Survey Template to include:
- Data overview of all community components as identified in the Community Tool Box Resource
- Strengths of community as evidenced by windshield survey
- Weaknesses (gaps in service) as evidenced by windshield survey
- Develop 1 family nursing diagnosis based upon identified gap in community resources as an indicator of potential poor health outcomes
Format your assessment as noted:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- The slides should only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points. Your speaker notes convey the details you would give if you were presenting. See this link from Microsoft.com for more help.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.