Overview In this activity, you will select an issue or event in globalization and explore it through the four general education interdisciplinary lenses
In this activity, you will select an issue or event in globalization and explore it through the four general education interdisciplinary lenses. By viewing the issue/event through these lenses, you will gain insight into how the interconnected nature of globalization affects society. The four general education interdisciplinary lenses are history, humanities, natural and applied sciences, and social science.
History is the study of the past and its connection to the present. It encompasses content, memories, and events situated in time.
Humanities is the study of cultures’ creative expression and contemplates metaphor, experience, and meaning.
Natural and applied sciences study the material world grounded in the scientific method.
Social sciences study human relationships and social structures grounded in demographic and statistic measurements.
When we look at an event in our lives, we often jump between different frameworks to make sense of it. For instance, if we attend a music concert we might move from an artistic lens (How did they create the musical score?) to a technical lens (How does all the lighting work?) to a financial lens (How much money do the performers earn?). Similarly, looking through the general education interdisciplinary lenses can help us see things from other perspectives by giving us a conscious way to analyze them, helping to broaden our perspective.
This assignment prepares you to choose a topic and lens for your project by first applying all four lenses. Before completing this activity, review the Project Guidelines and Rubric to know exactly what you will be working on. You may still change your choice of topic until the next module.
For this activity, you will write a short paper on a globalization topic of your choice. It could be a topic related to globalization that you have personally experienced or that you are interested in knowing more about. Review the module resources and visit the IDS 401 Library Guide for guidance on selecting and narrowing a topic. After selecting your topic, do some preliminary research to ensure that you can address the required elements of your project.
In your paper, you must apply each lens to your topic by using its language and perspectives. You are not required to answer each question below the rubric criteria but may use them to better understand the criteria and guide your thinking and writing.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
Describe your existing knowledge about your topic in globalization.
You might describe your personal experience with the topic, what you learned in school, or what your assumptions are about the topic. Ask, what do I know (or think I know)?
Apply the history lens to your topic.
Using the language of history as it is defined in your resources and academic journals, how would you write about your topic? What events and dates have occurred that are important to your topic? Has the significance of the topic diminished or shifted with time? Who are the authors of the historical record(s) related to your topic?
Apply the humanities lens to your topic.
Using the language of the humanities as it is defined in your resources, and as it is used in humanities-focused journals, how would you write about your topic? What meaning does your topic have within cultures? How do people express themselves with regards to your topic? What are people’s lived experiences with your topic?
Apply the natural and applied sciences lens to your topic.
Using the language of the natural and applied sciences as it is defined in your resources, and as it is used in natural and applied sciences–focused journals, how would you write about your topic? How might the scientific method be used to examine some aspect of your topic? How might your topic relate to the physical or material world? Are there any challenges to viewing your topic objectively?
Apply the social science lens to your topic.
Using the language of the social sciences as it is defined in your resources, and as it is used in social science–focused journals, how would you write about your topic? Who is affected by your topic? How might your topic affect interpersonal relationships? What social structures and systems relate to your topic?
What to Submit
Submit your short paper as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.