The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to evaluate one quantitative or qualitative nursing research article of interest from any refereed nursing journal. Writing a critical review of a journal article can help to improve your writing and analytical skills. By assessing the work of others, you develop skills as a critical reader and become familiar with the types of evaluation criteria necessary to translating the evidence to practice. Instructions:
- Write a 1-2 pages assignment.
- Choose a primary nursing research article of interest from a refereed nursing journal. Attach a copy of the article.
- Begin your critique by identifying the:
- article’s title
- date of publication
- name of the journal or other publication in which it appeared
- Where and when was the article published?
- In your introduction, you should also briefly describe the purpose and nature of the study and, if applicable, its theoretical framework.
- If the [email protected] was not published in a peer-reviewed journal, consider the credibility of the publication in which it appeared.
- If you are reviewing a research study, organize the body of your critique according to the [email protected]’s structure. Start with a brief description and analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the research design and methodology. For example:
- How does the method reflect other studies of the same topic? (sample, data collection, setting).
- What makes this method feasible?
- How realistic is it? How does the method address questions of validity?
- How does the researcher overcome the limitations of the method?
- Are there large limitations or minor ones?
- How will these limitations affect your ability to use this data to answer your research question?
- Describe the results by answering:
- How were the results interpreted?
- How were they related to the original problem (author’s view of evidence rather than objective findings)?
- Look at DISCUSSION. Were the author(s) able to answer the question (test the hypothesis) raised?
- Did the research provide new factual information, a new understanding of a phenomenon in the field, a new research technique?
- How was the significance of the work described?
- Did the reported observations/interpretations support or refute observations or interpretations made by other researchers?
- Describe the significance of the research by answering:
- Did the research make a significant contribution to human knowledge?
- Did the research produce any practical applications?
- What are the nursing implications of this research?
- How do you evaluate the significance of the research?
- Utilize at least 5 cited sources to substantiate your findings or critique.
- Follow APA style rules.
- Visit the following website for suggested guidelines:
- American Nurses Association “Reading and Critiquing a Research Article”
- The “John Hopkins Nursing Evidence Practice”
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.