Please follow the instructions thoroughly. The report needs to be about how IT affects the environment and how to make it more sustainable. However the coding part is more important. if you need any more details please contact me.
COURSEWORK ASSESSMENT SPECIFICATION
Module Code UFCF93-30-1 Run
20/21 CW3 Module Title
COMPUTER AND NETWORK SYSTEMS
Martin Serpell Module Coordinator Module Tutors
Martin Serpell, Djamel Djenouri
Component and Element Number
A Test 1 Weighting: (% of the Modules assessment) 45%
Total Assignment time 24 hours
Date Issued to Students 15/03/2021 Date to be Returned to Students 20/05/2021
Submission Date 06/05/2021
Submission Time 14:00hrs (GMT)
As listed on the Assignment specification sheet
Module Leader Signature
UFCF93-30-1 CNS: Course Work Specification, CW2 2020-21
There are two parts to this assignment
1) a written report
2) a programming task
There are two deliverables; a report on sustainability written in MS Word or PDF and a C program. Both are to be placed in a directory, zipped and uploaded to Blackboard. The compression algorithm must produce a .zip formatted file.
This report should detail a sustainability issue related to the IT industry. It can be how IT can be used in other industries to improve sustainability. It can follow on from work done during the induction week at UWE. Correct research and citations are to be used. Marks will be given for the student demonstrating an understanding of the subject and using correct citation and referencing.
Marks will be given for:
• Understanding the subject
• References (must be peer reviewed journals)
• Grammar and spelling
• Structure (sensible headings and sub-headings)
• Correct terminology
• 3rd Person
• Flows nicely
Allocation of marks: 0 to 40 marks
2. Programming Task
Following BREXIT the UK has decided to enter the space race in competition with the USA, Russia, China, Japan, India and many others. Obviously being a small cash strapped country, we are going to try to do it on the cheap. This is where you come in! With only payment of up to 60 marks for your assignment (no cash) you are going to design a landing algorithm which will allow a UK built probe to land on a piece of rock floating in our solar system. This piece of rock could be as big as Mars or it could be as small as the smallest Asteroid. Your landing algorithm will need to adapt to whatever its landing on.
The landing algorithm is inside the function “bool landerThruster(double height)”, it is this function that you have to complete. Please do not alter any of the other code as it is this function that will be marked in a separate marking program (altering any other part of the program is likely to lose you marks).
The rest of the program simulates your landing algorithm attempting to land on 1000 different sized rocks; from Mars size, to Moon size to small Asteroid size. It then gives you a score between 0 and 60 depending on how many times you landed successfully.
In the function “bool landerThruster(double height)” all you need to do is decide when to turn the thruster on and off. The only input you have is height, height is a measurement of how far away you are from the piece of rock you want to land on. The landing algorithm gets called once a second and so you are adjusting thrust every second. Your aim is to softly land on the target rock. If you approach too fast you will crash. If you slow too early you might burn up all your fuel, you have a limited supply. If you turn the engine on too early for too long you will drift out into space and never be seen again.
As students you can download Microsoft Visual Studio and use it for free. You can also compile and run your C/C++ programs online using the following links.
The zipped Visual Studio project for this assignment is on Blackboard for those using Visual Studio and the .cpp file is there for everyone else.
Hint: It might be useful to know your velocity, try something like “velocity = height – old_height;”.
Allocation of marks: 0 to 60 marks
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.