Post a ResponsePower is the ability to influence others, either positively or negatively. In general, power is neutral until used.Managers want employees to perform at a high level, even on the first day of work. Employees often miss the opportunity to demonstrate their skills because they don’t feel they have anything to contribute even though they are qualified for the job. Examine the two areas managers want employees to contribute to on Day One and the source of power they can use to demonstrate this skill:Establish competence and value added. The power base is position power and personal power.Build strong relationships and networks. The power base is informational power and connection power.Respond to the following:For this discussion, imagine you are a new employee. Which area would you choose to work on first: establishing competence and value added or building strong relationships and networks?Why did you choose this area?Then identify the specific source of power you will use on the first day: position, personal, information, or connection?Why did you choose this source of power?Respond to a PeerRead a post by one of your peers and respond, making sure to extend the conversation by asking questions, offering rich ideas, or sharing personal connections.Peer (Erica) post below:Hello Everyone,For this discussion, imagine you are a new employee. Which area would you choose to work on first: establishing competence and value-added or building strong relationships and networks?Why did you choose this area?I would build strong relationships and networks. The reasoning behind this; is that building relationships is critical to working with other people within the organization. This coincides even when networking with others as well, to where they can help you in the long run. For example, building a business, when networking, can they help you establish your business if you decide to work with this person? You must also communicate and use body language with both sides of relationships and networking. This also helps you with projects within the company you may come across.Then identify the power source you will use on the first day: position, personal, information, or connection.Why did you choose this source of power?Information can be helpful, meaning knowing how the organization works; understand what to do and what not to do. It helps establish how you professionally connect with the business so that you see where you can fit in or see yourself.Thank You.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.